Skip to main content
Topic: build sheet ? (Read 3820 times) previous topic - next topic

build sheet ?

Reply #15
i do  just give me like a day to find it  kinda busy ill scan it for ya!

build sheet ?

Reply #16
I found the one on the '86 under the passenger seat in shreds. The bits and pieces are now safely stored in a zip loc bag.
I'd love to find the one on the '88.

build sheet ?

Reply #17
Now-a-days we have to pull ALL the build sheets out of the vehicle.  Not sure why they want us to, but it is what it is...
1988 Turbo Coupe

Coming soon to NMRA Drag Radial... :burnout:

build sheet ?

Reply #18
Forgive my ignorance.... but what exactly is a build sheet?  What kind of information would one expect to find?

Someone once told me that there is no such thing as a stupid question... we'll see if this holds true :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

build sheet ?

Reply #19
It tells us what parts to use when the vehicle goes down the line.  Most of the parts are already sorted as to when it gets put on, but the sheets are there to help double-check..
1988 Turbo Coupe

build sheet ?

Reply #20
Mine are found in various places around the yard..... mice!!
1987 TC

build sheet ?

Reply #21
Quote from: silvercv2002;219096
It tells us what parts to use when the vehicle goes down the line. Most of the parts are already sorted as to when it gets put on, but the sheets are there to help double-check..

So basically the build sheet is a prioritized to-do list for the workers on the assembly line?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

build sheet ?

Reply #22
Passenger seat on the Black car.  Unreadable brown paper by hte time I got to taking it out.  The Mustang still has it's build sheet in place.  I shall have to remedy that.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

build sheet ?

Reply #23
Quote from: silvercv2002;219029
Now-a-days we have to pull ALL the build sheets out of the vehicle.  Not sure why they want us to, but it is what it is...

I would guess that it's because of the reason for this thread.
For the people that know what they are, and the collectors that want to find them it's like the Holy Grail of the factory paperwork to have.
So if "Joe car buyer" finds one in his, and "Bob car collector" doesn't, he may do anything he can to try and bug the factory to reproduce another one for him.
It's probably better to just get all of them out of the cars just to try and minimize any possible wierd scenarios that might arise later by leaving them in.

Speaking of build sheets:
A friend of mine that collect Mopars, owns a 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T in a pretty rare color combo, red with red leather which makes it something like 1 of 5 cars built that way.
Anyway, at a Mopar show, he ran into the guy asking him about his car and it turns out this guy worked on the production line and he was the person who printed out the build sheets and stuck them in the car as they when down the line. At the time, the IROC R/T was a significant car and he figured someday a collector would be looking for the build sheet. So during his shift, when an IROC R/T came along, he printed out multiple copies of them and placed them in several different places throughout the car so that there would be a better chance of one or more of them surviving later on.
A few weeks later, my friend received a package in the mail from this guy that was a dot-matrix print out of all 1993 IROC R/T’s showing the production numbers, with a breakdown of all the options and how many cars were built with each one.

Now wouldn’t it be cool to find someone like that could provide that kind information for our cars?

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

build sheet ?

Reply #24
Quote from: cougarXLS;219235
So basically the build sheet is a prioritized to-do list for the workers on the assembly line?
Basically.  Just tells us what parts go on that particular vehicle...
1988 Turbo Coupe

build sheet ?

Reply #25
Here is a pic of mine from on top of the gas tank.  The bottom edge was not completley covered by the tank as got alot more damage.  The build sheet in my other 86 Cougar was under the passenger seat and was trashed.

1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

build sheet ?

Reply #26
Here's a quick pic of mine under the pass. seat
It's mostly there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

build sheet ?

Reply #27
Quote from: daminc;219298
Here's a quick pic of mine under the pass. seat
It's mostly there.

That's pretty much how mine looks. I carefully pulled it out when I reupholstered the seats, and put it in a Ziploc. Some day I'll piece it back together, though it doesn't really apply to the car anymore (I've changed the whole suspension, brakes, rear end, interior type, interior colour, stereo system, window trim, and front clip)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

build sheet ?

Reply #28
You learn something new everyday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

build sheet ?

Reply #29
I figured I would ressurect this old thread in celebration of finding my build sheet! I pulled the driver's seat out and pulled the carpet up to have a friend weld the floorpan, and there it was! Between the carpet and the floorpan.

I scanned it for anybody who has never seen one. Mine is actually pretty readable. The tape on the top is where it was taped to the floor.

http://www.midohiovideo.com/coogarxr/buildsheet.jpg

If that doesn't work, try this one:

http://midohiovideo.redirectme.net/coogarxr/buildsheet.jpg
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7