Skip to main content
Topic: Finally, the new interior!! (Read 4824 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally, the new interior!!

Reply #15
WOW, that looks amazing....  VERY COOL...  nice work.

Reply #16
That is amazing.  Some of you guys on here are real Pioneers.  Great job.  It's really inspiring.

Were you able to salvage the defroster vents?

Reply #17
Ok, let me try to answer everything I just read:

Em, defrost, yes...  they are about 2/3 the original width and I had to mod a LOT of the pieces but yes; i even used the defrost the other day!

Vinn; these seats were actually done to match the old dash but idk if they are raven, but not black.  They match the stock dash real close though.  A shade darker than the 99+ dark charcoal dash I have but it all ties in.

Cup holders; holy , LOVE them!  LOL.  phone, keys, coffee...  amazing.  and I saw that hybrid console being built, too.  definitely doable if you are into plastic molding.

Knee room; this was my first concern as I sit very close to the wheel.  I call it nascar style.  LOL  I just like to be able to easily reach everything and be in constant control.  But, the way I got it tucked in, knee room is perfect, still a good 4-5 inches or more.

Heat and noise; not bad.  Still only have fatmat from the firewall to just behind the front seats but a huge improvement.  Once I have fatmat and closed cell foam in the doors and finish the trunk, etc... it should make a HUGE difference.  heat isn't dramatically improved but there is a difference.  Still need to charge the AC though.  Thankfully, autozone now rents out vac pumps and manifold gauge sets!

And yes, worth the wiring nightmare!!  But it's still not over.  for example:  I still don't know why my backup lamps disappeared, still have no power to any of the cluster/hvac illumination circuits, still have no high beams, wipers/washers or cruise.  the computer still has no sound to the speakers (installing a new amp in place of the factory one next week).  also, no parking brake (yet to mount handle), no glove box (tpuppies needed) no functioning gauges and I have to remove the shift-boot to access seat/window controls (yet to rewire - seat controls will be on the side of each seat).  hmm, looks like I just gave away all my secrets...  it's ok.  I WILL get it all working some way or another!

Anyway, thanks again everyone!  As you know, I couldn't have done it without your input as well!  I LOVE this board.  I'll try to keep this updated.  I'm going to try and add some pics and details of the custom PC I built and installed behind the rear seat (connected to 8" touchscreen seen in the pics).
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #18
Echoing what everyone has said so far, this is truly amazing.  I can't wait to see more.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #19
AWESOME JOB!!! That looks freaking insane!!
Have a suggestion about the power seats on the doors
Heres a pic of my mark 7

Maybe you could use the controls from the mark and wiring... My guess would be it would be close to the same. Save you some hassle as far as making a custom harness.
The control unscrews from that piece, matter of fact I have a spare somewhere... actually i think i have both sides some were. Let me know if your interested.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #20
I love that touchscreen, I'd be in an accident within 10 min. with that thing. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #21
Hum i didnt see that at first.... I like that, would look good in my moms cobra, so you should give me it.
I cant look at this thread anymore, I want to try and stuff my moms cobra interior in my mark now...... Would look shagy hahahahaha.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #22
hahaha, DO IT!!  She wouldn't notice here entire interior was missing...  as for the touchscreen, i am going to get some pics of the thunderbird skin I made for the software front end...  but probably after I start completely over molding a new bezel.  I'm not happy the way this one turned out (bezel was twisted from the JY and I want to recess the DVD drive some).  Anyone know where I can get a cheap 94-98 mustang radio bezel?  :D
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #23
hahah while im at it put the IRS, t56 and 4.6 DOHC supercharged motor in as well!!
So what do you think about the door controls? figure they would fit nicer then trying to reuse the stock controls on the door, hell Id send them free once i get some dough to you if you wanna try them!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #24
that looks amazing!  do you have any pictures that are taken a bit farther back so as to get a bit of the car in the shot too.  i'm having a hard time picturing a thunderbird... all i see is mustang dash.  lol.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #25
Very nice........ good job!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                        :birdsmily:

Reply #26
Wow, nice work!! thats impressive!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/665379

1983 TurboCoupe-T3 .60/.63, 3" exhaust, Motorsport front mount, PJ, large VAM, green tops, 8.8" w/ 3.55's, 13.72@97mph
1985.5 SVO
1984 Fullsize Bronco- 300, NP435

Reply #27
yeah, I'll get more pics up. 

As far as seat controls, I've actually always wanted seat controls on the seats so I'm going to go with that option first.  Plus, it's actually gonna reduce the amount of wiring needed (power, ground and then just a few short wires running down under the seat).  But thanks for the idea, it was one I would have never thought of!  Also, thanks for the offer :D

Reply #28
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,very very impressive. Nice work
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #29
Quote from: booksix;211796
yeah, I'll get more pics up. 

As far as seat controls, I've actually always wanted seat controls on the seats so I'm going to go with that option first.  Plus, it's actually gonna reduce the amount of wiring needed (power, ground and then just a few short wires running down under the seat).  But thanks for the idea, it was one I would have never thought of!  Also, thanks for the offer :D

well now they could also work on the seat.... Let me know
unless u already have controls
my $300 beater ;)