Skip to main content
Topic: Finally, the new interior!! (Read 4878 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally, the new interior!!

Ok, I know I've been talking about this forever.  The new seats and dash.  So here it is!  Still a work in progress, but it is turning out KILLER!!  :D :D :D

The crash pad is still in the process (need to heat and fix the gap at the bottom.  Also, of course, door panels.  They will be a hybrid of my stock panels and the mach 1 panels I got from Jason...
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #1
Oh, and I need to replace the Ford oval with a thunderbird emblem...  The blue oval doesn't belong/need to be on a thunderbird :D
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #2
Wow that looks killer!  Keep up the hard work.
One 88

Reply #3
Looks like 10x better than i thought i knew it would look good but keep up the work i hope you get it all finished soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #4
Thanks!  Of course I owe a lot to my girlfriends parents!  Those front seats are their first set EVER...  also, they were told by their instructor (one of the best in the state) that a recaro seat is the hardest you can do and he'd never do it!  They had to make patterns from scratch (non of my 3 sets of seats where good enough to pull a pattern).  One front seat consists of over 20 pieces alone!

Reply #5
That looks really good!!!!!! Did you ever think about using a steering wheel from a newer bird? I believe they have an actual bird on the bag.

Reply #6
I did think about doing that.., the reason I used the Expedition wheel is because it has the optional HVAC and Audio buttons which will interface with the wireless usb controller I built and control the computer (behind the rear seat - in place of the abs/prc computers) and change songs, volume, switch to Navigation screen, etc...  The computer will eventually control all hvac functions from the touchscreen and the heat controls will probably be replaced with my original system sentry panel...

Reply #7
You know what your doing you have wanted to do this project forever just don't rush it and it looks really good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #8
Thats incredible, Looks like it was worth the wiring nightmare.
Hows the heat and noise now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
That looks awesome! How is the knee room? Looks like it might be a little cramped.

Reply #10
Pimp.

I really like it!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #11
OOOH!

And you have Cup-holders!!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #12
Quote from: Birdman;211387
OOOH!

And you have Cup-holders!!

Yeah I wouldn't mind just having the center console and combining it with our style console. I seen a pic here of someone making one that was half stang/ half our style. It looked good
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Congrats...that looks great.

Reply #14
Very nice.I have Raven seats,but I can't wait til I get the black ones I want.Your interior is beautiful.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..