Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37544 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #15
Sorry i got Pics of one and added the Mustang picture because it just looks nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #16
OMG!!! I dont know what looks worse-That Saleen wing on that Tbird or the fake brakes on that Mustang!!!! I always say-just because you add something to your car doesn't make it better. Some things are better left alone. Once again just my crazy opinion and sorry to the owner(s) of the Tbird and mustang.

Reply #17
What do you drive just asking? i have seen many many cars i have seen much worse but i got the money and will get in the car in less than a week i did not even think i would of had a another T-Bird this year or maybe even next. So its time to BS around and think things over before i mod it and i got a loan for 18 months so don't worry i don't got the cash or time to mess up this car anytime soon.

This car looks super nice just needs a little TLC and a car wash and i would say its in the top 1% of any 87-88 T-Birds that are fixed up DD cars.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #18
Hey Pimp I didn't mean to bust your chops-I LOVE Turbo Coupes (I'm on my 6th one) I just feel you dont have to do too much to these cars to have them looking good. I personally think that silver bird with the saleen tail would look so much better without it. Once again just my opinion. Heres a pic of my Bird from last summer-thats also my mustang in my sig.

Reply #19
Step 1. Remove spoiler
Step 2. [SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]DO NOT PAINT THAT CAR!!!!!!!! LEAVE IT ALONE IT LOOKS NICE AS IT SITS!!!!! DO NOT PAINT THAT CAR!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #20
Quote from: thunderjet302;211277
Step 1. Remove spoiler
Step 2. [SIZE="7"][COLOR="Red"]DO NOT PAINT THAT CAR!!!!!!!! LEAVE IT ALONE IT LOOKS NICE AS IT SITS!!!!! DO NOT PAINT THAT CAR!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I dont think that is the car he is getting. He said he was going to add the spoiler later and he said it had GT wheels not Cobras. I really wish he would put up some pics though. descriptions kill me with no visual aid...
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #21
Quote from: kendoo130;211250
Hey Pimp I didn't mean to bust your chops-I LOVE Turbo Coupes (I'm on my 6th one) I just feel you dont have to do too much to these cars to have them looking good. I personally think that silver bird with the saleen tail would look so much better without it. Once again just my opinion. Heres a pic of my Bird from last summer-thats also my mustang in my sig.

first off... you have my car, give it back.

second... i'm on my 6th turbocoupe as well.  it's funny that we're both on our 6th one and they are the same except for the wheels.  lol.  nice car.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #22
For the love of God DO NOT put a Saleen spoiler on it, DO NOT two-tone it. Do PERFORMANCE mods, NO VISUAL. IF you get a Cougar also, only PERFORMANCE mods. You had fun rattle canning the Aerobird GT. For the sake and dignity of the cars please dont paint them.

That Mustang just makes me want to talk like a Hick....something to the effect of: "Put that there Detroit E-Locker in my Lawn mower, slapped a Muncie SuperCharger backed by a four speed, sumbitch will do 10.2 in the 1/4 by God I tell you what"
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #23
Quote from: turboranger91;211291
first off... you have my car, give it back.

second... i'm on my 6th turbocoupe as well.  it's funny that we're both on our 6th one and they are the same except for the wheels.  lol.  nice car.

Thanks bro- I'll try and put up some pics of my other coupes I've owned. Too bad in the late eighties early nineties they didnt have digital camera's yet because I would have taken a lot more pics. Maybe somebody on here knows where one of them is.

Reply #24
The fact is the cougar is getting a 2 tone paint job ASAP after i get the paint is so close to rusting.

The T-Bird all i may do is Redo the pin striping either RED or BLUE But the wheels are nice and just need to get powdercoated white later on.

Nice Black TC looks good and i bet the other 5 you had looked nice as well.

Don't worry i gotta take like 20-50 pics of this car inside and out so if anything happens to it i can prove it was a nice car plus i have to make a new Cardomain site.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #25
Cougar, two tone, voila :) :
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #26
Pimp-you got any pics of the cougar? I like those cars too-I guess thats why we're on here. I'll only post up a pic of 1 of my previous TC's. The other one's weren't clean at all.

Reply #27
The cougar 1988 RED faded XR7 Specs for now + all my old AEROBIRD GT parts will also go on that car and the Vortech SC i got laying around.

8.8 with new moser Axles and 3.27 gears

5 lug with 3 spoke rims good tires but will be replaced after i have a little fun with them also has newer upgraded mustang brakes.

Q1A K-Member summit says its -28lbs over stock

Side impacts cut out of both doors said to weigh in at about -50lbs

Also getting a extra TC hood with buying the 88 T-bird and useing my old spoiler off my T-bird on the XR7.

Will be a custom 2 tone paint job at the Factory line and will have every last saveable part form the AEROBIRD-GT.

The car is 45miles away did not take any pics yet sorry. :cougarsmily:

Can i name it the AEROCAT-GT? or AEROCAT-XR7?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #28
They'll be your cars, do with them as you wish. Like everyone else, I'll be waiting for pictures  :D

Reply #29
Quote from: Carpimp1987;211331
Side impacts cut out of both doors said to weigh in at about -50lbs

Very very bad idea if you're going to drive the car on the street. Those side impact door beams are there for a reason. They... um... protect against side impact. They also contribute to the car's crash structure - without 'em your wrecked '87 would likely have folded like an accordion. With you folding along with it.

Can i name it the AEROCAT-GT? or AEROCAT-XR7?

Since it will have a bunch of parts off your Thunderbird, why not call it the Thundercat? :hick:

whatever you do, don't call it "layla"
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣