Skip to main content
Topic: Where has courtesy gone? (Read 4836 times) previous topic - next topic

Where has courtesy gone?

So I went outside yesterday to drive the Cougar and noticed my license plate frame was broken. Now I wasn't all that happy with the thing and was thinking of removing it, so I wasn't that concerned and figured somebody tapped me lightly when getting out of their parking spot. Upon closer inspection, the license plate holder is broken in two corners and is cracked completely along the top. In addition to this the bumper is scratched up (managed to sand it a bit and touch it up) but the plate holder looks horrible. Whoever hit me must have hit me fairly hard and known that he caused damage, but there was no note or anything. Now it is not like I would have gotton the police or insurance involved with something like this, but it would have been nice to at least get a note about it. I guess a little common courtesy is a bit to much to ask for these days. I'm going to need a new front plate holder, but I'll post about that in the wanted section. (Link to wanted thread: http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=18409)
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #1
Is the correct answer hell in a handbag? :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #2
Quote from: 5.0 bird;207264
Is the correct answer hell in a handbag? :hick:

That is correct!  Sorry, no prizes for winning, but you do get the lovely satisfaction of knowing the correct answer.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #3
I'm constantly losing hope for this world.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone straight up kicked it or hit with something and walked off. :mad:

We live in a pretty nice neighborhood, Dont get many troubles around here... But apparently my dad forgot to lock his drivers side door on his car last night, And goes out this morning ready for work to find someone got into his car and stole random things that werent even worth the time? (a dozen $1 reusable shopping bags, Voters Papers and an old hand held CB Radio).

Then my dads friends keeps having troubles with his 95 5.0 (Custom Paint Job) Mustang in seattle, its gotten keyed (fixed it) then it got paint thrown on it.

My moms '89 caravan is ready to retire very soon anyway, but still... Keeps getting random dents in the sides (where someone parking next to you would hit it with there car door...)

Theres no respect or courtesy at all anymore. :mad:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #4
I hate people in parking lots a week after buying my 99 expedition i came home to find my wife went out to the store with it. Someone who tried paring next to her pulled in hit my bumper dented it and twisted it into the headlight... no note no nothing thats why i usually take up 2 spots when i park noone can hit the sides that way.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #5
Quote from: cougar1car;207369
I hate people in parking lots a week after buying my 99 expedition i came home to find my wife went out to the store with it. Someone who tried paring next to her pulled in hit my bumper dented it and twisted it into the headlight... no note no nothing thats why i usually take up 2 spots when i park noone can hit the sides that way.

just wait till two civics pull up on either side of you anyways. I used to do that in my dad's 78 e-150. Now I just park far away. I can walk.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #6
You ever notice it's when you park close is when door dings occur?  Maybe it's because America needs to walk in order to slim down and not have to open the  doors so far;)

Furthest spot FTW:D
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #7
Never park next to a 2-door car. Their doors are too big.

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #8
Quote from: Haystack;207396
just wait till two civics pull up on either side of you anyways. I used to do that in my dad's 78 e-150. Now I just park far away. I can walk.

It's amazing how the cars want to cuddle
,when the fords are baaad!! this week!!...Put guards on your car,or leave your dog and kids in to protect it
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #9
Ture i got a few key marks and pen 15e tossed on my car but most of you guys stories are a lot worse it sucks this world does not care anymore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #10
i got a guy at my apartmen complex that keeps randomly parking in people's spots. I turned him in to the office and they gave him a 24 hour towing notice. He moved down two spots every morning.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #11
Same thing happened to me; one day, getting ready to go to work, I go outside to see my license plate on the ground and the plastic mounting base broken and half detached. No note, no middle finger, nothing.

It's sad. Really sad.

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #12
Quote from: SSX;207252
So I went outside yesterday to drive the Cougar and noticed my license plate frame was broken. Now I wasn't all that happy with the thing and was thinking of removing it, so I wasn't that concerned and figured somebody tapped me lightly when getting out of their parking spot. Upon closer inspection, the license plate holder is broken in two corners and is cracked completely along the top. In addition to this the bumper is scratched up (managed to sand it a bit and touch it up) but the plate holder looks horrible. Whoever hit me must have hit me fairly hard and known that he caused damage, but there was no note or anything. Now it is not like I would have gotton the police or insurance involved with something like this, but it would have been nice to at least get a note about it. I guess a little common courtesy is a bit to much to ask for these days. I'm going to need a new front plate holder, but I'll post about that in the wanted section. (Link to wanted thread: http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=18409)

I've been sitting in my car in parking lots and been hit by a little old lady in her new buick on more than one occasion.  They back up, give you a dirty look and go on there merry way.  Watched an old lady smack a concrete light pole base in a parking lot right in front of me.  She backed up a couple inches and got out and went into the store, never even looked at the car.
One 88

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #13
want courtesy? stay off the roads.  i had to deal with some punk kid in a grandma's buick trying to race me and block me from getting around slower traffic.  so i waited for him to get in the right lane, nothing infront of me, and a car turning infront of him.  i hit the brakes to slow down with the car infront of him and it gave him NO room to leap out in traffic so he got left behind.  stupid kids.

also in the same town i was in the left lane cruisin about 50-55mph and all of a sudden a big ass suv crossed the road and i had to jump on the brakes and basically turn her sideways and regather it when the coast was clear... i didnt even lock on the wheels on the wet road.  i was 75% ready to turn around n hunt them down b/c of the adrenalin but after that wore off i just drove on and cooled down.

some people just have no reguard for other people on the road its sickening.  im not suprised at all you got rearended with no note.  i had a lil ol grandma back into my car in a pk lot and she didnt do any damage so i kinda just looked at her like "WTF?!?!" n she ignored me and drove away.  i should have said she caused all the ses on my back bumper but it was a lil ol lady n she didnt do nothin really.  thats courtesy for people being ignorant idiots.  it doesnt pay off b/c you give em an inch they take a mile.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #14
Quote from: V8Demon;207422
You ever notice it's when you park close is when door dings occur?  Maybe it's because America needs to walk in order to slim down and not have to open the  doors so far;)

Furthest spot FTW:D

What, and stop eating fast food and not exercising?????

Blasphemy!!!!! :D

It amazes me how many people are over weight these days

Mr. Bill