Skip to main content
Topic: Where has courtesy gone? (Read 4837 times) previous topic - next topic

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #15
Quote from: MrBill88Tbird;207692
What, and stop eating fast food and not exercising?????

Blasphemy!!!!! :D

It amazes me how many people are over weight these days

arent you one of the smallest guys on here... LOL.

i parked in two spots at school until they tried to give me tickets for double parking so now i park crooked as possible so that its harder for all the kids with their daddy bought cars and the ones with threre POS that dont care dont hit me with teir doors.

I think the best courtesy shock is when i back in at QT with my subs all the way up and give it alittle gas with the open Flows and all the old people give me this look of disapproval until they see me waiting to go in because i'm holding the door for them or aomeone else. dont judge me by what you see.

No one cares enough about their own stuff to have courtesy to show concern for your stuff
1986 Cougar LS

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #16
Quote from: cougar86_89;207714
dont judge me by what you see.

You got yourself one life long problem with that moto,,,,,,,

Perception **IS** reality.

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #17
Quote from: ~AC;207679
  so i waited for him to get in the right lane, nothing infront of me, and a car turning infront of him.  i hit the brakes to slow down with the car infront of him and it gave him NO room to leap out in traffic so he got left behind.  .

and thus,, becoming a part of the road rage problem.  Hows about keeping your eyes forward and just drive the speed limit and ignor the stupidity.  Imagine explaining to the judge what you were trying to do if any of that turned out bad,,, ill bet not.:D

ever think about how stupid you may have looked partiting with the other stupid person in the eyes of those watchng from behind?

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #18
Quote from: CougarSE;207580
They back up, give you a dirty look and go on there merry way.  .

I swear that sounds just like something my mother would do,,, like its someone elses fault for getting in her way.:hick:

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #19
Quote from: cougar86_89;207714

I think so, at 5'5" and 138lbs, there aren't many people that I'm taller than. LOL  :shakeass:

Mr. Bill

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #20
Quote from: jcassity;207721
ever think about how stupid you may have looked partiting with the other stupid person in the eyes of those watchng from behind?

The only way it would have come out bad is if the kid jumped infront of the car behind me and caused an accident.  wouldnt have been my fault what so ever.  he was cutting EVERYONE off.  he caused 3 drivers to get off the road b/c he cut them off repeatedly or nearly caused them to wreck.  to be honest.  i could care less what people on the road think of me.  if i was worried about what people thought of me, i prolly wouldnt be sticking with my 20+ year old car thats constantly falling apart and being repaired.  if i was so insecure, i think my car would embarrass me.

oh also if you ignore people that act retarded, drive aggressive, change lanes to a lane with bumper to bumper traffic causing almost a pile up, you'll become a victem of someone that probably doesnt have insurence.  sorry not taking that chance, i'd rather be aware of other drivers and avoid them or get them away than just drive along like the idiots NOT over there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #21
Quote from: MrBill88Tbird;207692
What, and stop eating fast food and not exercising?????

Blasphemy!!!!! :D

It amazes me how many people are over weight these days

He might be.  I aint.  America's future is Jabba the Hut if the average kid doesn't get out & throw a ball around once in a while...

There's nothing wrong with some extra poundage, but some people....Well there's just no excuse.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #22
Quote from: V8Demon;207771
He might be.  I aint.  America's future is Jabba the Hut if the average kid doesn't get out & throw a ball around once in a while...

There's nothing wrong with some extra poundage, but some people....Well there's just no excuse.

Believe me I know. I work at a public library and I'm amazed at the ammount of overweight kids. I don't remember there being that many overweight kids when I was in grammar school. Back then we actually used to go out and play base ball though instead of playing it on a *game system*............

Hell I'm 5'9" and 156 lbs. I think I'm overweight :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #23
Quote from: V8Demon;207422
Furthest spot FTW:D

OMG I love it. I probably look like a complete moron I'll walk a 1/4 mile if I gotta so my car can be all by itself. The OTHER best part is the wal back to it, get to look at it sittin there for that long. Mmmm-mmm!!! TASTY.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #24
You guys ever see that movie "Pay it Forward"?

Great philosophy for driving.  Be kind to another driver.  It is contagious.  Don't repay jerks by being a jerk.  There's nothing a jerk hates more than to be ignored.  Try it sometime.

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #25
Quote from: xjeffs;208044
You guys ever see that movie "Pay it Forward"?

Great philosophy for driving.  Be kind to another driver.  It is contagious.  Don't repay jerks by being a jerk.  There's nothing a jerk hates more than to be ignored.  Try it sometime.

great movie.,,,, depressing but good ending.

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #26
Parking in the right spot in a parking lot is an art. You can't park too far away as to attract attention. Just far enough to make it look like, if possible, another car in the crowd. Some people look for far away parkers. :hick:  If possible, never park next to another two door vehicle as stated earlier in this thread. If you have to walk a little, it's worth it, and saves a little money on body repair to boot. ;) . Never mind the stress on your body because of the anger you create at being angry or getting even which, if you know better, is NEVER healthy for your brain or the rest of your body that has to deal with your anger all the same (Getting even never truly happens anyway - it is self decieving). Never park in the crowd, unless you are the first car, and don't park too straight, but, DO NOT make it too obvious and park as to let people know that you are trying to protect your car. Just enough to keep others away without anouncing your intentions. I do drive people a bit crazy when it comes to parking, BUT :shakeass: , I have not had another vehicle ding me in a VERY, VERY long time. Very long time indeed. and if it happens tomorow........I WILL get over it. As much as I LOVE my cars, Life goes on.

AND REMEMBER: If you have something nice, some moron (reaping what he sows) who doesn't, and thinks he/she has the right to correct this, for whatever stupid mixed up reason (which is why they will never ever ever be happy even if they had everything they wanted), will try to correct it for you. Sometimes, people just suck. :disappoin

Ok. eye dun.

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #27
Be kind to another driver. It is contagious. Don't repay jerks by being a jerk. There's nothing a jerk hates more than to be ignored. Try it sometime.
By prking in a way that my door won't get dinged I am being kind.  I won't feel the need to yell and scream at the other person.;)  Who knows...We may pass each other in the lot while I smile an say hello.:D
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #28
I park out near the end of the lot where no one else parks.. Never fails I come back out and someone is parked next to me. How the hell does that happen?

Where has courtesy gone?

Reply #29
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;208093
I park out near the end of the lot where no one else parks.. Never fails I come back out and someone is parked next to me. How the hell does that happen?

There is a great video of this somewhere with an older Crown Vic, but I can't seem to find it.  I did find this though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSP9N0aXm5Y
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]