Skip to main content
Topic: Injector selection for this combo. (Read 1916 times) previous topic - next topic

Injector selection for this combo.

GT40 heads (non P, regular iron ones)
Exploder intake.
Trick flow Stage 1
A9L

19lbs or 24lbs?
One 88

Reply #1
OOOh....That's close!  You can go 19's without issue though.  How much pump we talkin?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2
24's leave room for later mods.
but you could also get 19's and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and crank up the pressure a lil.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #3
190lph pump.  And after these mods that will be it.
One 88

Reply #4
Do it right, a set of 24s AND matching MAF...

Reply #5
So 24lbs and a matching maf is right?  Cause I have those..  and 19lbs and a matching maf...
One 88

Reply #6
You can use either, BUT if air flow exceeds the metering capability of the 19lb meter, it's going to lean out on the top end... With those heads and cam I'd say it's a possibility...

I run 24s and a 76mm Pro-M MAF...

Reply #7
By so close I meant either one.....To do it with more of a safety net go 24's.  You can leave them at stock pressure.

BUT if air flow exceeds the metering capability of the 19lb meter, it's going to lean out on the top end...

If anything....you'll run out of injector before that happens....I was running 19's @ 62 PSI.  The issue for me was going static due to 100% duty cycle.  Swapped the meter and injectors and found better gas mileage in the process.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #8
I'll probably just try both.
One 88

Reply #9
I would say 24s i got 30s now but thats good since i got a Vortech S-Trim laying around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #10
Lemme get this straight.

E-Cam ( I think I've voiced my opinion on Ford alphabat cams enough )
E7 heads
30 pound injectors

Overkill for what you currently have.....When do you FINALLY plan on putting that S-trim on and how much boost are you looking for?

Reply #11
8psi for now should try to get it put on in next 2 months but i am going to save up for a new engine block and everything else so i am not putting any more money in my engine block later want to run 12-15PSI with some AFR 185s and Steeda Cam #20.

the injectors,MAF,holley system 2 with 1" spacer was $800 shipped to my house of ebay was on someones mustang and had less than 50 miles on all of it. plus i knew i was going to get a supercharger later on for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #12
Ok so the waterpump is bad in the car so I guess now is the time to go ahead and start swapping parts. 

So far I guess this is what I'm gona do.

Stock H.O speed density cam.
GT40 heads
Explorer intake
65mm T/B
Typical headers/exhaust

Now can this run off of speed density and 19lb injectors?
Or do I need to MAF this thing and run 24lbers?
One 88

Reply #13
19's will be fine! ;)

Reply #14
Should I get an adjustable FPR for SD?  I have both injectors and a maf for either.  Hell I may run a maf with the 19lbers.
One 88