Skip to main content
Topic: Injector selection for this combo. (Read 1915 times) previous topic - next topic

Injector selection for this combo.

Reply #15
It won't hurt.  You can keep the stock pressure though.....You ARE changing the pump, right?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #16
Yeah 190lph
One 88

Reply #17
Quote from: CougarSE;206213
Ok so the waterpump is bad in the car so I guess now is the time to go ahead and start swapping parts. 

So far I guess this is what I'm gona do.

Stock H.O speed density cam.
GT40 heads
Explorer intake
65mm T/B
Typical headers/exhaust

Now can this run off of speed density and 19lb injectors?
Or do I need to MAF this thing and run 24lbers?

I have GT40Ps and a higher lift cam (.533 lift) but the stock HO intake and TB. Runs fine with the stock fuel pressure. I'll find out how it runs with a Explorer intake soon;) . If you run what you have listed you should be fine. I'm pretty sure with that combo you should be making somewhere between 260-270 fwhp which is well within the range of the stock injectors.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #18
19's and the MAF w/ a FPR. Just tweek the Fuel Pressure until it is Stoich at WOT max engine speed. The computer will work best with this combination. 24's and MAF will still cause drivability issues unless chipped. If you plan on driving it every day and want a fun ride stick with the 19's. Do not go overboard until the 19's cannot support your HP level. Just add more fuel pressure. You should see 45lbs or so.

Reply #19
Cool thanks.  I picked up another clean set of 19lb injectors and a 70mm Junkyard maf.
One 88