Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 136417 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #510
Getting a little anxious? looking good.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #511
Oh, I'd be wanting in the car right that second. I don't know how you hold back!

Reply #512
Looks awesome !!!!...........nicely done.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #513
Quote from: vinnietbird;264290
When I installed the engine with the AOD,(larger than the 5 speed),we lifted the assembly,and as i said,stabbed it all right in with the nose on the car.

I got the engine in mine with the hood on. It can be done :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #514
Quote from: thunderjet302;264471
I got the engine in mine with the hood on. It can be done :D

Same here, taller, wider motor and longtube headers :) Saved tons of work under the car.  I think I took hood off for more light and room to work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #515
Update time...

Friday night, dad felt like he was catching the flu, and unfortunately it came on pretty bad yesterday, so we had to postpone the engine install and planned to do it today.  I had to go to work at 10am, and dad still wasn't feeling 100% so it was pretty frustrating for the both of us after all the long hours put into it getting it ready for this weekend.  So I went to work, and miraculously got out of work on time (which NEVER happens).  I got home, saw the Tbird sitting in the same spot on the driveway, figured dad still wasnt feeling good.  Dad was standing right at the side door with a mischievous look on his face, went over to the Tbird and popped the hood.  To my complete surprise, this is what was sitting under the hood:

Needless to say, I'm extremely pumped.  I did end up treating dad to a little dinner...it's the least I could do with my new found poorness (gotta love the nickel and dime stuff at the end of the project...and by nickel and dime, i mean $50 and $100 bills).  Couldn't ask for more :) .  Dad did take a couple of pics when he first got it dropped in, and I took some too so here they are:

All that's left to do now is the driveshaft, radiator, battery, and a few other small odds and ends.  Then we'll drive it up to the shop and get the new fuel pump in.  Should only be maybe an evening or two away from completion now, stay tuned!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Reply #516
Wow, looks awesome sittin oin the car, If it was me, I would be so anxious to drive it it would literally drive me nuts.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #517
Oh trust me, that's pretty much what it's like right now.  I feel my sanity slipping further away by the second...

Reply #518
That's how I felt.LOL.Glad to se you're almost there.I'm proud for you.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #519
Looks excellent dood. It's a great feeling "getting there". make sure you vid. the first crank over ;0)
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #520
Wooo!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #521
LOOOKIN GOOD !!!...... can't wait to see/hear her run
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #522
congrats man.  Its looking VERY good.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #523
I'm willing to bet you are pretty excited.

Reply #524
looks great man.  You are my competition in the racing section, LOL.  looks like I gotta step up my game, you should be well in the mid 13's now.  I should be able to pull off a high 13 this spring once I get the tranny swapped.  (though I have taken a few buddies with low 13 cars, for rips lately and they say mine is faster.. LOL)

Congrats man, cant wait to hear a vid of it, and see some timeslips.