Skip to main content
Topic: It has begun.....UPDATE.. (Read 2966 times) previous topic - next topic

It has begun.....UPDATE..

I'm installing the E303 and new heads tomorrow,I started this evening by pulling the fan,upper intake,valve covers,rockers,and harness from the engine.Tomorrow morning,the rest will come off and the new parts go on.I'll grab a couple of in progress pics in the a.m. Wish me luck.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Good luck Vinnie I know how much of a bitch it was puittin my expedition engine back together but I did it and it runs once again...
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #2
Luck, Vinnie and by the way this project of yours sounds alot like work on your day off. LOL

Reply #3
Quote from: vinnietbird;201917
I'm installing the E303 and new heads tomorrow,I started this evening by pulling the fan,upper intake,valve covers,rockers,and harness from the engine.Tomorrow morning,the rest will come off and the new parts go on.I'll grab a couple of in progress pics in the a.m. Wish me luck.

:burnout:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #4
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;201929
:burnout:

:burnout: .........................TRUE DAT !!!

If I get started around 9:00,I should be finished before lunch.I'll be taking my time and enjoying it all.It's supposed to be around 79 degrees according to our local news.Couldn't ask for a better day.I am a little anxious.I'll try to get a burnout shot if I can get my little man to stand on the curb and shoot the pic.You guys will be the first to know.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
We'll be waiting for those pics. I'd go for the video myself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
I may be able to do that.I'll try.

Reply #7
Well,not finished yet.Had a bad plumbing issue here at home.More updates on the car tomorrow.

Reply #8
O.K.,the E303 and new ported E-7 heads are on and I'm finished.I am having a crazy idle issue,but I'll have that taken care of.I drove the car down the street with the tires blazing.When I stopped,it died.I started the car up again,drove it home,and called a mechanic I know.He's going to come over tonight around 8:00 and check everything and set the timing for me (I STILL haven't bought a new timing light yet).He's going to take care of that in trade for the heads I took off of the Sport.
  Now,for those who didn't believe,an E303 and ported E-7 heads DO work with my flat top pistons,no PTV issues.There's the update for now.

Reply #9
HE HE HE,whats up with idle vinney?You may need to boost a little more rpm.I had to do 850.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #10
I had thought that,and so did the mechanic that's coming over.No issues other than that.WOO-HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #11
You didn't make the valves to tight this time did you? That will
make it idle funky.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #12
I don't think that's an issue.The last time,the heads were milled and I didn't take that into consideration,so,when I tightened the rockers,they were pushing the rods to far into the lifter and the lifter couldn't open.I hope it's just an idle issue,meaning,needs more.He's also going to time it for me.Now I have another issue,my differential (locker with 3.55's) is soing the "one wheel peel" now.The left side doesn't bite.Luckily,I bought another one last Friday.I'll get it in eventually.No hurry right now.The bottom line,the cam and heads are in,and the cam did work.Thanks Kitz.

Reply #13
Don't thank me you proved it!,When I have time I,m only going to try the 1.7 lifters!,

Reply #14
Your rear,you wont till you check it,When you get to the new one you got, put a new clutch kit in it.Took mine apart that I got ,from someone on here,I just replaced stuff that didn't need to be.Got the old stuff if you want it.