Skip to main content
Topic: It has begun.....UPDATE.. (Read 2965 times) previous topic - next topic

It has begun.....UPDATE..

Reply #15
If I can use the E-7's and the E303,the 1.7's should be a breeze.It feels good to finally be done with that part of the Sport's build.Now,I can concentrate on getting my a/c pieces (trying to re-install the system from scratch),and the 5 speed swapped.I have the pedals.The tranny and bell housing are in route.I'll buy the clutch,cable,etc. over time.I also need to have the Sport painted as well.Probably before the 5 speed.I'm really getting tired of seeing the red,blue,gold and primer.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
How hard is it to do that?I have NEVER messed with the gears or clutches or any of that.Swapping axles and bearings are about it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #17
Easy, than what your doin to the engine.
You goy my # call me.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #18
Just don't over rev it and float the valves... I bettin' you'll have pistons kissing valves... 

Figure it's going to have to idle at least 800-900 RPMs...

Reply #19
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;202382
Just don't over rev it and float the valves... I bettin' you'll have pistons kissing valves...

Funny on the quote I see kissin valves,not in the message.
He did ptv the cylinders though I don't know how close they were?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #20
What are you calling "over revving"?I probably won't hardly ever see 4500 or 5000 rpms.90% of the Sports life is just going to work about a mile away,picking up the boy from school and going home.RARELY is there a little "stoplight action".

Reply #21
I must of missed that!

Reply #22
Oh,Kitz,PM me a little info on swapping the clutches in the 8.8.Just to give me an idea of what I'll be doing.

Reply #23
Vinnie you do have upgraded springs?

Reply #24
Yes,he added new springs when he did the valve job and porting.

Reply #25
No problem, Vinnie

Reply #26
Awesome vin!!
Did u get that 20 i sent to you?
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #27
I did get it,Mason.My opologies for not letting you know.I've had my head in the clouds with all that's been going on around here lately.Thanks.

Reply #28
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;202382

Hell with the mild cam in mine (@.050 210I/215E, lift .533I/.533E) I have to have it idle at 1050 rpms in park and about 800 rpms in drive when hot or it gets all surgy and stalls when I shift from drive to reverse.

Nice to know its done. Now fix the rear so you can do this :burnout:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #29
Quote from: vinnietbird;202397
I did get it,Mason.My opologies for not letting you know.I've had my head in the clouds with all that's been going on around here lately.Thanks.

Np just wanted to make sure its all set!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07