Skip to main content
Topic: Just found a new boneyard to check out.... (Read 1354 times) previous topic - next topic

Just found a new boneyard to check out....

I called the yard,and they said they had two '87/'88 Turbo Coupes,and a bunch of late '80's Birds.I'm going to check them out after lunch.he said he had one TC rear he'd let me have for $150.00.I may buy it.I don't know what the cars have to offer,but he said the TC's were in running condition,but one of them he wants the drivetrain from to install in a Stang.It's worth a look.I'll be leaving around noon I guess.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
IF they have any 80-82's, see if they have any good control stalks (wipers/turns).  The chrome on mine is bad/flaking off.  The wipers have the adjustable intermittent feature.
Also, there are a couple buttons on the center console for the interior lights.  I could use a couple of them.  One of the attaching tabs is broken off one of mine, and thus the button does not stay put.

POLEEZE :hick:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #2
Grey cloth center armrest for consolette please!  The side clips too:hick:

BTW, when these cars die do they all go to Oklahoma?  You always seem to find tons of Junkyard cars.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
I'll check for those parts.I'll also take the camara and grab a couple of shots.As far as them coming here to die.....possibly.Like the old elephant grave yard I think.I've been lucky.The guy said he'd rather me bring my tools and pull parts myself so I don't interfere with their work.Not a problem !!! I may end up being disappointed.I hope not.I'm kind of cheap,and don't like spending a forune for somple parts.I'd like to find some hard to find bits and pieces.I'll have an update later this afternoon.Hopefully by 3:00 or so.I'm leaving at noon.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Oh,you guys have til 12:00 to tell me what to look for if you're needing anything.After that,you're out of luck.I'm hoping to get some stuff I need,and  some cool stuff to make my money back to support the Sport.

Reply #5
How much to ship one of the Turbo Coupes to Chicago? I'll take one :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #6
Crown Vic stuff Vinnie ;)

Reply #7
Where is this junk yard and are there any Mark VIIs in there?
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #8
O.K.,I'm back.I'm a little happy,and also disappointed at the same time.I did get the 3.55 rear from a TC.It was $120.00.He also threw in the rear springs and fog lights with brackets.The lights are in great shape.Bad side,there were only two T-Birds (fox) there.Both were TC's.One auto,one 5 speed.Both white.One with red interior (trashed),one with blue.Not bad actually.It took the guys FOREVER to drag the Bird out so i could get the rear.It was missing the brakes.Oh well,I'm using my drum brakes anyway.The only other birds there were late 60's.He did have a BUNCH of Rancheros,one gold Mark VII (no engine or computer),but it did have those deep mesh wheels.Sharp !!.There was a '68 El-Camino,2 javelins,no Crown Vics with the parts Mike,sorry.No early '80's Birds either.There is one in the next yard that I'm going to Chuck.Anyway,at least i got the rear.

Reply #9
By the way,the other car has a 3.73 rear.The yard is halfway between Davis and Sulpher Oklahoma.I don't know what highway that is.If you are ever around,I'll try to hook you up.There's also a TC or two In Durant Oklahoma.he says he'll sell the rear for $200.00 if you pull it yourself (they'll raise the car for you).

Reply #10
Thanks, if I'm over there for anything I'll make a point to stop by there.

FYI, there's an 80-82 Thunderbird that's at R&S in Moffett, OK. IIRC it was a 302 car, it at least had a 255. There's also a 83-84 TC in there too. Both of those cars were pretty complete last time I was there which was December.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #11
Where is that?Over near the Eastern Oklahoma border?

Reply #12
Vinnie, if possible, could you find out what year the Mark VII was? Im looking for some parts from a 91-92.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #13
if ya ever go back or to any jys see if there are any sc's and if so grab me the harmonic ballencer bolt. since mine broke when i tryed removing the ballencer to repair it.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #14
I believe there was a Super Coupe.The Mark was a '91 or '92.The body was great.Like I said,it even had the deep mesh wheels (polished lip,gun metal kind of colored middle).They even had the center caps on them.The interior wasn't tru;y mint,but it had a sunroof,and was missing mostly the computer and drivetrain.