Skip to main content
Topic: eBay went and kicked the bucket! (Read 4408 times) previous topic - next topic

eBay went and kicked the bucket!

Reply #45
Quote from: Johnny Cougar;203724

HA! Gotta love XKCD!
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

eBay went and kicked the bucket!

Reply #46
eBay has been good to me overall.  The number of people who has not paid me has been very small.  It kind of irritating but I don't ship till I'm paid so be it, I still have the item.

I have 498 positive feedback but I most likely sold more than 3 time this amount.  I use to worry about it but since I have 498 and 100% positive I kind of like to just freeze it and let it be, don't care if they leave feedback for me anymore or not.

I have a very liberal return policy.  If someone complains than I ask them what would make them happy.  Sometimes they just say a partial refund and this is fine with me.  A couple of times I have just given them a full refund and let them keep the item, I really do not care anymore. 

The other day I sold two wheels from a Ninja 250 and they were damaged in shipping, something to do with where the speedo hooks up.  The guy wrote to me and read me and was mad as hell, going to leave me negative unless I did something for him right away.  I wrote right back and told him that the customer is King and all he has to do is tell me what I need to do to make this right.  He wrote back to me the next day and told me the new part was $6.42 cents and wanted that much refunded.  I sent him $15 and told him to go out to lunch.  He was very happy.  Almost all my problems have been with shipping.  I try very hard to box things correctly but I think they really like to bounce them around.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=superted38&ftab=AllFeedback&sspagename=STRK:ME:UFS

I also get to meet people from all around the world, very cool.

But I tell you I sure don't like the new fees.  Used to be I could figure about 10% overall but now it's going to be 15% plus, this is terrible.  But I know I get about 300% more than I get off of Craigslist and I don't have to deal with the people on there.  The worst bunch of idiots are the ones the sell on Craigslist.  Post their add and never answer their phone or read their email.

TED