Skip to main content
Topic: Racin Chicken (Read 4624 times) previous topic - next topic

Racin Chicken

Reply #30
o i changed the classes and this one has to use a stock style carb so ill either be using my 500cfm 2 barrel or if i can find a cast iron 4 barrel intake i could use the old ford 4 barrel i have not sure on the cfm just know it has center hung floats so it would be alot better in that respect. im still looking for a larger hydraulic cam that will still have my engine pulling 15psi of vacuum which is becoming a real pain to find any one have any suggestions let me know.

Racin Chicken

Reply #31
The Ford 4100 four bbl carbs are either 470 cfm(small block) or 595 cfm(big blocks)... The 595 unit will have 1.21 cast into the driver side of the float bowl... Unfortunately the ed things are getting scarce and pricey...

Could you run a four bbl Holley from a '84-'85 Stang??? Those have a Ford part number on the air horn... There are other Ford Holleys as well...

Racin Chicken

Reply #32
The 4412 500cfm carb is a good one, and can be made to make good power. I would use it over a "stock-OEM" 4bbl any day.
Email me once you know your carb rules and specs.

Racin Chicken

Reply #33
it has to be a factory piece and can be modified so i either have to use the motorcraft 2 barrel or factory ford 4 barrel so long as it came from the factory its fair game after that for being hogged out. beleive me i would much rather have the 4412 be legal. and the 4 barrel i have is off an 84 stang if that helps any wether its stock or not idk i havent had my carb guy touch it yet b/c ive found it  near impossible to find a 4 barrel cast iron intake for a 302

Racin Chicken

Reply #34
i have an intake its a D1 piece off of a boat motor. has the standard holley bolt pattern. pretty rusty though but it is a factory piece and it is cast iron
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

Racin Chicken

Reply #35
Quote from: midget28;212616
b/c ive found it  near impossible to find a 4 barrel cast iron intake for a 302

The only 302s I know of to come with a Cast Iron 4bbl intake were the '68s... The 289s did get a 4bbl from '63-67... The '65 & '66 used to be very common...

Sold a C5 from a '65 289 a few years back for $85... I'm sure I could find you one for roughly the same, but shipping would be killer... Main prob is they flow rather poorly... If you were going to use the 2bbl Holley, a hogged out 2bbl manifold would probably be just as good...

BTW the large Autolite/Motorcraft 2bbls Had a flow of 350CFM, I believe they were cast 1.34 on the side of the housing... Those come cast as small as .98 that were on the early 221s...

Racin Chicken

Reply #36
ill prolly just stick with my trusty 2 barrel she works good it just acts up when the filter gets a lil dusty.

Racin Chicken

Reply #37
the tbird as she sits now its almost done about a few weeks more work left in painting lettering and finish work to the motor.

Racin Chicken

Reply #38

Racin Chicken

Reply #39
The tbird as she sits now about 3/4 finished

Racin Chicken

Reply #40
hi guys,
I dont really post here much but i saw this thread so i thought id share, heres mine.  the last one is me sitting in the hot pit at laguna seca.

Racin Chicken

Reply #41
finally someone else who gives the birds a good workout

Racin Chicken

Reply #42
can you not use one of the factory 84-95 mustang aluminum factory intakes?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Racin Chicken

Reply #43
nope cast iron only i found a 4 barrel intake for a 289 that ill be switching to when i change the cam.

Racin Chicken

Reply #44
well the car is running and driving with 2 weeks til race season i still need to prime and paint it but other than that she ready to rock. took it out for a test run in a open feild to get the feel of her and she is a bit of a handfull compared to the last car i need to lighten up the front end without weakening it any ideas b/c im still nose heavy. as a last resort i might have to get some lead to put inthe trunk to get my percentages right.