Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160551 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #975
more blasting today

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #976
Good time to drop in a tubular K. Buddy just got one for his drag mustang. They are crazy light.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #977
Nice blastin'.

I've thought of installing a tubular K-Member,but after the 5 speed and everything else installed or removed,it raised my car like I was going off road.I'm stayin' where I am.BUT,if you're planning on it eventually,DVP is right,now's the time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #978
What kind?
What type?
My birthday is coming soon. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #979
Quote from: daminc;258730
What kind?
What type?
My birthday is coming soon. ;)

Think he went UPR. I know his control arms were UPR
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #980
What year swaps with my 87?
or would I have to swap everything down to the rotors?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #981
Quote from: daminc;258748
What year swaps with my 87?
or would I have to swap everything down to the rotors?

There is a little work that needs to be done to make it fit. There should be some old threads around. There is one about having a run of them made for our cars that have alot of info IIRC. You sould be able to re use all your stock parts but I am not totally sure.

You will have to go to Mustang motor mount I bet.

Your motor should also sit lower. The stock Mustang K sets the motor lower from what I have heard so so should this one. Lower center of gravity, thats a plus
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #982
Quote from: DVP;258759
There is a little work that needs to be done to make it fit. There should be some old threads around. There is one about having a run of them made for our cars that have alot of info IIRC. You sould be able to re use all your stock parts but I am not totally sure.

You will have to go to Mustang motor mount I bet.

Your motor should also sit lower. The stock Mustang K sets the motor lower from what I have heard so so should this one. Lower center of gravity, thats a plus

on my year it raised it 1" another reason I had to get the cowl hood
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #983
Quote from: 347Thunder;258779
on my year it raised it 1" another reason I had to get the cowl hood

Really? I am not totally sure about the whole dropping thing. It is hearsay from here though. I am going to find those old threads so I dont look so crazy

EDIT

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=18783&highlight=member.

Seems to have some good stuff and the links too.

Oh and you could go coilovers if you feel the need too!

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=862&highlight=K-Member

Here is a list of options too. Im sure prices have changed but still a good source of info.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #984
Quote from: DVP;258793
Really? I am not totally sure about the whole dropping thing. It is hearsay from here though. I am going to find those old threads so I dont look so crazy

EDIT

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=18783&highlight=member.

Seems to have some good stuff and the links too.

Oh and you could go coilovers if you feel the need too!

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=862&highlight=K-Member

Here is a list of options too. Im sure prices have changed but still a good source of info.

all I know is my hood closed before and after the k member it did not :D
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #985
hmmmm...
I'm thinking it's probably not worth the time and expense right now for something that I may only put 500 miles on in a year. (if that)
I'll just use the stock parts and new bolts and sleeves and stuff to put it back together. Someday if I do it, it'll make things easier for the swap. I really don't want to turn the front end into a major project. I really want to repair it to get it back together quickly. There's still a lot to do and Catjam gets closer everyday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #986
Quote from: 347Thunder;258809
all I know is my hood closed before and after the k member it did not :D

I think it depends on which one you get. I could still be wrong on that though. I read that some of them even move the front wheels forward.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #987
Jerry, no need now to do it. Maybe when you build the other motor for it Then yeh go for it.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #988
Quote from: Kitz Kat;258833
Jerry, no need now to do it. Maybe when you build the other motor for it Then yeh go for it.

Good idea, I didn't think of that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #989
With what you got goin on its not hard to forget where your at.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +