Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160481 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #345
It was faded out or something. or the tint on these windows is a bit darker which makes them stand out more. I can barely see inside the car now.

Look how light the tint is in my sig. compared to the pic above
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #346
No car work this weekend, Had to build a handicapped ramp for someone instead. Don't you hate when work gets in the way.

I'm still collecting parts though. got these and the whole header panel yesterday from Cougar8775 as he was passing through from Niagara Falls.
For being nowhere near anyone, I see a lot of members here. LOL
Thanks, John and Nicole. It was good to meet both of you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #347
Not a problem. Glad to help. And we had a good time. And great meeting another person saving these cars.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #348
You're installing satellite TV in your Cougar???

:hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #349
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;231495
You're installing satellite TV in your Cougar???

:hick:

LOL, Free To Air

Going to bolt it on the roof. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #350
Here's a free gift for everyone that liked my SFCs.
Have Fun!! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #351
I'm back!!!
Made the SFCs for the pass. side today.
Those plans work well. Right on the money. I made these off the plans. the seat brace cut is not on the plans.

Now I can seam seal the underneath of the car. Weld the frames up, paint everything, and put everything together.
I'm on my way once again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #352
Ummmmmmm,wait a minute,did you finish those cabinet doors yet?

wifes dont like us jumping from one project to another, do they?
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #353
LOL,
I'm in between batches

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=20469&page=3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #354
Todays progress report.
Test fit the frame that I welded up yesterday

Seam sealed underneath the car

Made it look pretty

and put a coat of paint on it

I'll put a couple coats of paint on the frame and the floor during the next few days. Then it's time to put it in.

and some more stuff I've collected.
I can now replace my consolette.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #355
Digi gauges and 65mm t-body coming soon to a Daminc near you.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #356
2nd coat of paint

A few more parts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #357
What cam is that?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #358
They're all stock HO and Mass Air parts that I've been collecting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #359
Did you get the emblems yet? :burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo