Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160493 times) previous topic - next topic

A++ for cougarman

Reply #360
Oh ,
Sorry. I forgot to get back with you.
Yes, I got them. We had a lot going on that week
Everything is great
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #361
Oh that's ok, lol, just wanted to make sure you liked them.:D :burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #362
Fitted the frame and welded it in.
Had to stop half way through, when I pushed on a brake line and it kinked and started leaking.
I'll finish welding tomorrow after I replace the brake line.

Here's the frame right before I started welding
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #363
After messing with the brake line this morning, I took some parts off the bird, and got to work on my car
here's the finished frame.
Welded it and seam sealed it.
All good to go. I can check that off the list.

here's a bunch of pics from diff. angles.

Pass side from the front.

Here's the drivers side from the front

And here's the inside all finished and sealed.

Lined up and adjusted the doors so the quarter panel can be installed.

Nice, the old doors never fit this good

Now I can start disassembly of the new quarter panels.

I'd have to say that I had a pretty good day today.
We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Glad you could stop in and check the progress.
Until next time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #364
Doing great, Jerry!  Sure beats all the brushwork I did all day, lol.
1987 TC

Reply #365
Did a little more panel work

and a little measuring for the cut

Thats all the time I had today.
until next time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #366
Uber Sweet.Great work.I myself have to install new doors (well,I don't HAVE to,but they are mint,so I'm going to).How hard was it to do and to get the door's alignment right?I think I'm going to hate it,but,it's gonna be done whether I like it or not.Just do it and get it over with.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #367
I have no front fenders on, it took about 10 min a door. getting them on and wired is the hardest part. take the lock poppers out to get to the connector. its the only way to get to it. There's a little plastic retainer clip holding it to the rod. the rest of the wires and connectors are within reach
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #368
I may splice a wire or two for the hard to reach ones.I'm not apposed to making the job somewhat easier.How did you support the doors for the installation?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #369
Quote from: vinnietbird;233484
I may splice a wire or two for the hard to reach ones.I'm not apposed to making the job somewhat easier.How did you support the doors for the installation?

Takes 10 sec. to get them out. I'll show you the clips on them tomorrow.

I put the doors on my bench. it was the right height with the car on ramps.

used my bar clamps to keep the door upright.
and 2 words for ease of installing.
not the ones your thinking of. LOL
AIR RATCHET....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #370
No air ratchet....I don't think.I have a compressor that I've had for a year and it's still in the big box,and air tools that are still in the plastic box.Perhaps I should get them out and actually use them.LOL.

Reply #371
Quote from: vinnietbird;233530
No air ratchet....I don't think.I have a compressor that I've had for a year and it's still in the big box,and air tools that are still in the plastic box.Perhaps I should get them out and actually use them.LOL.

Are you kidding?  LOL
and you just did all that swapping and upgrading?
Break that baby out, and fire it up. It'll look more impressive out of the box.
It's OK to get the new tools dirty. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #372
Holy  Vinn!  You gotta bust that stuff out!  Nothin' makes you feel more manly (and on those needed occasions - more like a real mechanic :hick: ) than air tools blasting everything apart!  If nothing else, do it for me...  and take pictures!!  :D  I just moved from a huge house with 3 car garage to a 2 bdrm condo with a one car garage 3 stories below... a garage that doesn't fit my car!  It SUCKS!!  Last week I put my car up on ramps in the underground parking garage.  And this is a "everyone acts like they make more money than you but really they can't even afford there Mercedes car payment" area so I got some weird looks!  I'm suffering! :punchballs:
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #373
Well,I have been pretty manly without the air tools,BUT,with suspension rebuild getting ready to happen,things are gonna change.LOL.

Reply #374
so why is it called project evolution anyway???? bet it has todo with that secret stuff coming huh? loooks like a lot of work,, and that cat definately makes my 88 look ike gold! my entire undercarrage is still factory sealed red... p.s. mighty fine metal fab work!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!