Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161376 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #3000
Just realized I'm on page 300.........I'll try to finish the project on page 302
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3001
QUOTE=daminc;363971]I do feel a little bad about removing the cross member thingy...it's one of the few pieces of metal on my car that actually survived from day 1[/QUOTE]

That's going to cost you 0.1 seconds in the corners. Car is now junk. (j/k)  ;);)

Your work is amazing, car looks great. 

But we all know black Cougars are the quickest!  :popcorn::popcorn:

Reply #3002
[SIZE="7"][COLOR="darkred"]3,000 posts!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]:drink:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #3003
Take the little cross member thing and build a little shadow box for it and hang it on the wall.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3004
I'll just hang it on the wall with the small section of quarter panel that didn't have rust either...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3005
You can name it "once upon a time................"
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3006
a little more done, and even closer to the finish....
installed rad hoses, throttle cable cruise cable, HORNS........ hood release, trans cooler, misc other small ticket items....

are these for anything important?

I assume this is for the light under the hood
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3007
Jerry, the last picture is the connector to the hood lamp.  Some hoods had them, some didn't.  In the second to last picture, that plugs into your EGR position valve sensor (EVP) on the back of the EGR valve - you can see the connector on the back of the EGR in your picture.

I'm not 100% sure on the other ones, but it looks like A/C related.

Reply #3008
Quote from: The Shredder;364089
Jerry, the last picture is the connector to the hood lamp.  Some hoods had them, some didn't.  In the second to last picture, that plugs into your EGR position valve sensor (EVP) on the back of the EGR valve - you can see the connector on the back of the EGR in your picture.

I'm not 100% sure on the other ones, but it looks like A/C related.
Thanks, I couldn't see the plug under there...I also have a hood light
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3009
In the third picture, I believe that pigtail is for the sensor for the temp gauge on the digital dash. The buttstuffog gauges uses a one-pin connector there, but the double is also apparently present, as it is on my car with buttstuffog.

Reply #3010
Quote from: hwy73;364092
In the first picture, I believe that pigtail is for the sensor for the temp gauge on the digital dash.  The buttstuffog gauges uses a one-pin connector there, but the double is also apparently present, as it is on my car with buttstuffog.

I agree. I have base cluster and that plug is connected to thin air in mine e/c as well.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #3011
I had a feeling it was for that..... the next pic after that one will finish the connector questions
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3012
I can check mine tomorrow and see where they connect if you want.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3013
Jerry, is your hood latch bracket bent? It looks curved to me. maybe it's the picture. Exactly which plug are you needing to know about now? There's a couple on the Sport that have no place to be, just hanging there.

Reply #3014
it would be the connector in the 4th pic I posted yesterday... down under the battery area with all the fusible links and connectors...

My bracket always had a bit of a curve to it since the car was new...... never understood why...  I'll try to straighten it when I put the front back on for good... I'm thinking the car was welded together a bit wrong when the car was built....I remember things were a bit off when I was replacing parts and panels, and a ton of factory shims on one side of the fenders, and nothing on the other side.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook