Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160963 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1620
Looking good! You got your camera lens wet, didn't you?

Reply #1621
LOL, that was the flash reflecting off dust in the air.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1622
Haha!! Okay that explains it.

Reply #1623
Looking great!! Are you using plastic to cover things temporary and then using paper for the final tape off? I am asking because I found out the hard way - If you get overspray on the plastic and then flex it during painting, the overspray will flake off and stick all over the car. It can get really nasty in a big hurry. Not trying to be a know-it-all, just sharing some of my (bad) experience.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #1624
I use plastic for a quick cover. I also found out the hard way when I was 18. I covered the wheels with plastic trash bags for the primer, but didn't change them when I did the final paint. LOL
If you could imagine gloss black, with flecks of light grey primer on it.....oooops
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1625
WOW!  Nice work and incredible project!!  when dose it get color?  and what color will it be?

Reply #1626
Thanks, I'll be getting it ready for paint when I come back from Cape Cod in a couple of weeks. I'm going for black this time.
this same black

and the trim is getting blacked out like this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1627
Don't go finding a new putty cat this year. You should of stayed and finished it before you take a vacation!!, Have some fun!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1628
I don't have a problem finding them, as long as someone else buys them.

Todays progress pic. Slow but sure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1629
Progress report................
This just in......................
Still sanding the drivers side.
That is all....................
Have a good day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1630
Haha!! Short and sweet!

Reply #1631
I hope your paint goes better than mine did. I have to start over and pull it all off again. Urethane 1 - heavily modified garage paint booth 0. It just may have been the cleaning chemicals though. 6 months later it was still pushing out on the hood. It was a nightmare after seeing the paint go on perfect and staying perfect until leaving the booth, only to come back with texture everywhere.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #1632
Come on hurry up and finish it's almost winter ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1633
Quote from: Seek;291396
I hope your paint goes better than mine did. I have to start over and pull it all off again. Urethane 1 - heavily modified garage paint booth 0. It just may have been the cleaning chemicals though. 6 months later it was still pushing out on the hood. It was a nightmare after seeing the paint go on perfect and staying perfect until leaving the booth, only to come back with texture everywhere.

I hate that.
That usually happens with to little flash time, and to heavy of a coat.
Had that happen to a $3000 guitar I custom painted for someone.

Did it have a cracked looking effect on it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1634
WHOA! Dunno if you remember my name. I am the guy with the Black Magic over @ FEP. We swapped some info on sub-frame connectors and I finally found your project over here, and boy howdy and I am glad I did! Besides the insanity part of recovering this rust bucket you have done a bang up job on every step!

Anyways I registered here just to comment on this I was so floored! I am about half way through with my custom sub-frame connectors based off of your idea, and I must say I am very pleased with them, however I am not impressed with my abilities to weld this micro thin floor pans..YUK!
Amazing work you have done here and what i would say is a relatively short time.

quick question. I realize I need to bring something over from my connectors to the second bolt spot for the seats, but sort of stumped on how this should be accomplished....if ya get a sec hop back over there and take a gander would ya?