Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160972 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1605
Started the other side today

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1606
Mint cow? ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1607
Hey all.  I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.  If anyone cares to offer any advice on getting around here I would welcome it!  Now to my post.  I have an '85 T-Coupe that I am basically turning into a (borderline) street legal racer.  I am gutting the interior and am looking to sell/trade, whatever internal parts I have.  All is in good overall condition, including the instrument cluster itself.

I go by sleeper because externally I intend to keep the car as original as possible.  I am installing a 351W w/Roush-World heads, 10:1 comp, roller valvetrain, etc....  I have the engine built and am starting on the small block C6 after I get the paint on the car this fall.  One quick, and I'm sure stupid question - how do I start a thread?  Thanks for any and all responses

Sleeper

Reply #1608
Quote from: Sleeper;288232
Hey all.  I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.  If anyone cares to offer any advice on getting around here I would welcome it!  Now to my post.  I have an '85 T-Coupe that I am basically turning into a (borderline) street legal racer.  I am gutting the interior and am looking to sell/trade, whatever internal parts I have.  All is in good overall condition, including the instrument cluster itself.

I go by sleeper because externally I intend to keep the car as original as possible.  I am installing a 351W w/Roush-World heads, 10:1 comp, roller valvetrain, etc....  I have the engine built and am starting on the small block C6 after I get the paint on the car this fall.  One quick, and I'm sure stupid question - how do I start a thread?  Thanks for any and all responses

Sleeper

Welcome to the forum.  Best advice I can give is to start your own thread by going to say the user rides section and click "new thread" on the top left corner.  Right now you are kind of hijacking daminc's thread...

Sounds like you have a hell of a motor going in there!  This is a great forum so stick around and you will learn a ton.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1609
Quote from: 50tbrd88;288237
Welcome to the forum.  Best advice I can give is to start your own thread by going to say the user rides section and click "new thread" on the top left corner.  Right now you are kind of hijacking daminc's thread...

Sounds like you have a hell of a motor going in there!  This is a great forum so stick around and you will learn a ton.

NP, I like a good hijack.

Welcome aboard Sleeper
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1611
Here's more

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1612
Wooo Hooo !!!! its getting close to paint time.

Looking good :bowdown:
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1613
Sweet.  You're gettin' there!!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1614
It really is a shame that you have to cover all of that up. It looks  good to me.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #1615
I have to flatten this side with the board, and I also have to strip the fenders and do those. then I can prime the car and paint it. Although, I also have to see what I'm doing with the roof. not sure if I'm stripping it down or just surfacing it. I'll think about that when I'm on vacation in Cape Cod making time lapse videos. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1616
LOL have fun at cape cod, and remember to let me know when you're primeing!

Reply #1617
I think I'm going to plan for a total prime and paint, back to back. I ordered garage doors yesterday, so I have to wait until they go on the shop so I can clear out all the  to paint. We'll plan a weekend to paint it. I have to paint the backs of everything too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1618
sounds good to me, just let me know whenever.

Reply #1619
Had a few minutes to do some sanding.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook