Skip to main content
Topic: Mass Air question..... (Read 4411 times) previous topic - next topic

Mass Air question.....

Reply #45
Yes,I have the H.O cam.I'll go run it now.I may be wrong.I'm going to get my son from school and will have an update shortly.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mass Air question.....

Reply #46
O.K.,4800 to 4900 rpm's.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mass Air question.....

Reply #47
I didn't really pay any attention before the shift kit was installed.

Mass Air question.....

Reply #48
Quote from: V8Demon;187776
That's it?  Stock pressure will be fine, but I'd see what I could do to get 600-700 more RPM up top.  Maybe more if possible.

Quote from: vinnietbird;187842
O.K.,4800 to 4900 rpm's.

I just adjusted mine to the MAX setting (following the TV cable adjustment procedure) and it upshifts at 5000 rpms. As far as I know nothing else has been done to the tranny (it was rebuilt at 99,000 miles before I bought the car).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.