Skip to main content
Topic: My engine and a few other pics added throughout.... (Read 7490 times) previous topic - next topic

My engine and a few other pics added throughout....

Reply #60
Yes,green.I just figured out how to post pics of my own.I have no earthly idea how to post pics from another site,or Ebay.I ssaw an explorer Sport Trac on Ebay with the color I'm having my car painted.It's a medium green with metal flake.Not lime,not deep hunter green.Very subtle.I get tired of seeing the same old colors all the time,and I really don't want this "gold" sandalwood color either.I wanted a color that isn't screaming for attention.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #61
I hate green, all are trucks are green are own uniuqe color.
And I get to paint the f ups.It's your choice.But I'm sure it will look good on yours.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #62
Post a link Vinnie, you know how to do that ;)

Reply #63

got ya vinnie
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #64
THAT"S IT !!!! I think it'll look awesome.Trust me here,I know what I'm doing.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #65
google makes things easy.....
and yea i think it will look pretty good, its a nice color in person
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #66
Well,I like it a lot.I haven't seen it on a car yet.It'll be subtle,yet stylish.I stated before,I don't want the car to have to scream for attention.I think it'll do a fine job with the mods and subtle additions I'm making to it.C'mon guys.......truuuuuuust me.

Reply #67
Quote from: vinnietbird;184417
Trust me here,I know what I'm doing.

Couldnt help it......"Famous last words" :hick:  LOL

Im actually picturing it....I think I agree it oughta work well. FWIW thats like my favorite color combo for an Excursion.

Im lovin the tails too vin, reminds me of my friend's 88 Beretta, he put the sqaure vette tips on. But having the bumper cutouts is even better. Certainly a unique ride you've got there.

Also I LOVE that pic of the burnout in the blue bird. First of all that kicks ass that the town would do that, second its just a neat, shot, third seeing your son in the passenger seat there. Ah....someday I'll be doing that and it'll be my son...and that will be very healing for me :(
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #68
Just don't rush on the kids.Enjoy the younger years as a single guy.Be ABSOLUTELY ready when you get married.Now,back to the car,I will have the green,but not the gold color.I'm not reinstalling the side trim btween the fender openings.I'm looking for the exhaust tips I need as replacements.The Sport also has new badges (not factory,but still Ford parts) tucked away reay for the paint to be applied.One step at a time.I'm trying to be methodical about it.Trying.

Reply #69
Hmm, I'll admit I like that. Kinda like a modern Sage Green.

Do it!

Reply #70
British Racing Green with some nice chrome wheels??? thats what i was thinking about like 1 or 2 months ago might look good on our cars.

What about the Green you want and maybe some 03-04 Chrome Cobra Rims in 4 lug?

#1 engine looks ready to go to a car show

#2 i like the bumper cut with the exhuast tips

#3 the car looks like its in good shape just needs a little paint nice work so far
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #71
Thanks Pimp.I have to finish the engine compartment.I have to do some painting,install the coil cover,remove all of the rubber vaccuum lines and replace them with metal lines,and a few other little things.The body is actually in great shape.Whoever had the car before me had it repainted and from what I can tell,didn't really sand it first,so I'm removing a LOT of paint so I can get to a good foundation for the new coat.I have my brand new Hella fog lights sitting on the shelf waiting as well.I'm also FINALLY going to get the sequential light kit for the Sport.That'll rock.My silver Cobra R wheels stay.I had thought chrome,but nothing else is chrome on the car except the exhaust tips,so,I wanted to calm the look down a little bit.No spoilers either.On the outside,I want it to look like Ford could've done it.Every week I'm getting a little closer to the finished project...........not that it will ever REALLY be finished.

Reply #72
O.K.,I installed the "Polished by Vinnie" Cobra valve covers today after the valvebody was installed.Nice looking I must say.Pics soon.

Reply #73
Those tips are sweet. I always wanted to do some cutouts but body work just isn't my forte.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #74
hey vinnie! you got a straight on side shot of your bird.

in the pics you got in here it looks like it is a little high.