Skip to main content
Topic: My engine and a few other pics added throughout.... (Read 7479 times) previous topic - next topic

My engine and a few other pics added throughout....

Reply #75
Quote from: vinnietbird;183619
Here's my engine with my "fabbed by Vinnietbird,One of none" Cobra intake.

Mines got more shine!:hick: :flame:
Really though, those intakes take forever to get smooth! I worked on my explorer intake on and off for two months, and I went as far as removing all the cast marks on the upper and lower. I'm shure you found out how bad aluminum stains your hands.
    All that work I did and now I have a typhoon intake going on and I'm selling the explorer setup!
~1988 thunderbird~
In hibernation, waiting for spring.

Reply #76
I can see myself in the intake,and,it only took me a copuple of days of off and on work,so,good enough for me.I wear those rubber surgical gloves when I mess with this stuff,so no stained hands,and no angry wife for getting aluminum stuff everywhere.

As far as the side view of the Sport,let me check.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #77
I suppose it may sit a little high,but those are the factory springs.It doesn't bother me.I never drag the front spoiler,and never catch my lers  or any other part of the chassis on speed bumps.I like it.I have thought about bringing the front down about an inch someday,but I'm still gathering my thoughts on that idea.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #78
By the way,since that pic was taken,the bodywork on this side has been done,and the interior completely swapped.I also re-aligned the driver door after swapping the lower hinge.Lines up nice and pretty now.