Skip to main content
Topic: My engine and a few other pics added throughout.... (Read 7742 times) previous topic - next topic

My engine and a few other pics added throughout....

Reply #30
Thanks raven.

No,the car isn't staying gold.It's going to be Estate Green.The only color I've seen it on is newer Ford SUV's.Different,low profile.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #31
Nice door panels!;)

Reply #32
Why,Thankyou.....thankyou very much.Now,where did I get those things at.............................LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #33
Quote from: oldraven;183828
I'm thinking of Trick Flow. They always looked like ass, to me.

Very nice, though, Vinnie! It's not very often you can look at a 302 and see something new.:cheers:

Jess!!! :hick:

well in the case of that intake it surely is ugly i think as well. (that trickflow) vinnies is sweet non the less and original but i think the trick flow looks beter in black

but i could just be partial  :hick:
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #34
I like the Trick Flow as well,I just wanted something nobody else has.

Reply #35
Nice job !

You know, if you squint a little, it looks like it reads "EFI" where you machined that mounting boss off. 

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #36
 it that's what I was going to do to mine (except paint it Ford blue start the flaming:hick: ).

Looks kick ass though:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #37
You'll have to come up with a new idea now,Thunderjet.As far as the EFI thing,I never noticed that.I may go back with the Dremel and cut out the fins so they are consistant all the way across.

Reply #38
Quote from: CougarCoupe88;183875
well in the case of that intake it surely is ugly i think as well. (that trickflow) vinnies is sweet non the less and original but i think the trick flow looks beter in black

but i could just be partial  :hick:

Oh, I wasn't comparing Vinnie's to the Trick Flow. I was referring to his comment about parts that don't jive. The first aftermarket piece that came to mind was the TF.

Reply #39
Oooooh,so now you're saying my intake looks like total  and the Trick Flow is untouchable..................Just kidding.I understood what you were saying.LOL.

Reply #40
That is the best I ever scene an explorer intake done. I can’t fathom to think of the time it took you,. defiantly custom. Got to give you credit case the time it took you you could of bought a coated cobra.

Reply #41
Thanks a lot Innes.It actually took me about 2 1/2 days.Including the time to cut out the fins on the side and taper the fin's edges for a look that didn't say "homemade".I have always wanrted a Cobra intake,but a lot of people have them,so,I wanted a "different" Cobra intake.I figured since the explorer and Cobra flow nearly identical,it could back up the performance as a "Cobra" intake.I keep using the term,but "One of none" fits this Cobra intake.I like it also becuase it's mine,and it's the only one.....for now.Unless someone decides to make one like it.I hope not,though.

Reply #42
thats nice
you could start making personalized custom intakes. mabe some with bird or cougar emblems
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #43
I've thought about it.As I said,my intake plate was made from a s piece of aluminum sheet I found at the syard.I have a guy who can laser engrave and had thought about having the TBird logo put on it,but never got around to it.I want mine smooth an shiny,nothing else on it,and,to let the Cobra badge stand alone.

Reply #44
Quote from: vinnietbird;184067
I've thought about it.As I said,my intake plate was made from a s piece of aluminum sheet I found at the syard.I have a guy who can laser engrave and had thought about having the TBird logo put on it,but never got around to it.I want mine smooth an shiny,nothing else on it,and,to let the Cobra badge stand alone.

Sometimes I wonder what I’m thinking but on my explorer upper I put back on the stock 5.0EFI non HO plenum plate trying to make it look stock. Don’t think ill trick anyone but I’m trying.