Skip to main content
Topic: Front coil-over install (Read 7787 times) previous topic - next topic

Front coil-over install

Reply #30
I had no idea you had this project going, it's looking very good.  I'm sure I will have some questions for you eventually.
Long time Turboford freak...
84 SVO
88 TC
87 XR4Ti

Front coil-over install

Reply #31
Quote from: JeremyB;180435
Moser makes the 99+ axles 22/32" (.71875) longer than '94-'98 axles.

Plus or minus .00005 of an inch. ;)  Interesting thread.
1987 TC

Front coil-over install

Reply #32
Moser will make any custom axles for not much more than stang ones are. I have 4 lug 31 spline ChroMoly in my 8.8 TC rear that they charged me about $230 for.

Front coil-over install

Reply #33
jeremy
great work there.

couple thoughts / quesitons.

The cobra LCA you posted looks identical to the ones i pulled out from my car.  Are they identical in looks to stock?

The Koni strut looks like the only difference is the location of the 2hole mounting plate surface. correct?

The adjustment on those springs,, is the adjuster and threaded portion aluminum?

good thread, btw.

Front coil-over install

Reply #34
Quote from: jcassity;197885

The cobra LCA you posted looks identical to the ones i pulled out from my car.  Are they identical in looks to stock?

The '03/'04 Cobra arm has different bushings (stiffness, unsure if shells are the same), an improved stamping to allow for decreased turning radius, and I believe the spring cup is 1/2" deeper.

The Koni strut looks like the only difference is the location of the 2hole mounting plate surface. correct?

Yes, besides the length differences.

The adjustment on those springs,, is the adjuster and threaded portion aluminum?

Yes.

More driving impressions

Reply #35
Still enjoying it, although I've yet to autocross it or drive it in anger. I'm pretty sure the inside tire lifts in hard turns due to the shorter Mustang strut, but I can't confirm it. I've got one more washer I can swap to lower the strut relative to the strut tower. I'd rather not lower it any more to keep the roll center, etc in check.

I drove in the rain on the interstate for the first time since the swap last week. Also hydroplaned for the first time ever. Good times! The car also skittered around several times when it hit standing water. I'm not sure if it's just the tires (spoogeho ASX) or what...

Other than those two things, me likey!