Skip to main content
Topic: Suggestions please! (Read 3005 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestions please!

I want to get different wheels. mine came with the wire hubcaps. I painted the inside and left just a chrome ring on the outside. this helps, but i am looking for something that will compliment the car without going too radical. any Ideas? a little backstory for those who don't know, my car is  an 86 Night Cat,which you can tell from my screen name, but it also is blue, which i'm told is rare for that package, as most were black. so i don't want to go too wild with visible mods as i want to preserve the basic look, just enhance it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cougarsmily:

Suggestions please!

Reply #2
I would suggest you find a set of 8-hole aero wheels. You can get them for cheap, and they will do wonders for the appearance of the car.
Turbines might look good, too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Suggestions please!

Reply #3
i have looked for turbines, but they are pretty hard to find. any ideas where to find them?

Suggestions please!

Reply #4
Some day you'll wish you had the wheel covers.  Hang on to them and the steel wheels.

I've witnessed quite a few folks ask owners at car shows if they still had the original wheels and covers.  I still have mine on the car.  They are unique today.  Now all you get is plastic. 

So, go for the new alloys but keep the old.
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Suggestions please!

Reply #5
Where do you live?
It's Gumby's fault.

Suggestions please!

Reply #6
In Grandview Mo. just south of Kansas City.

Suggestions please!

Reply #7
Turbines are easy to find,and getting even cheaper by the month.Check E-bay.Type in "Mustang Wheels" and everything will show up.I typwe it in like that so it pretty much covers all the wheels and the way that people describe them for sale.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Suggestions please!

Reply #10
4 lug mustang wheels fit.

I have a set, if you were closer, id sell em cheap
It's Gumby's fault.

Suggestions please!

Reply #12
I have a set of 20th anniversary turbines.One has a little curb rash no big deal.I'd send them in the lower 48 for $150.00.Shipping is a be-yotch.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Suggestions please!

Reply #13
snowflakes...

Suggestions please!

Reply #14
I really like those BBS honeycomb wheels, but they are harder to find than Bin Laden....