Topic: Suggestions please! (Read 3006 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestions please!

Reply #15
what? too much? lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cougarsmily:

Suggestions please!

Reply #17
Quote from: tbirdsps;178918
Some day you'll wish you had the wheel covers. Hang on to them and the steel wheels.

I've witnessed quite a few folks ask owners at car shows if they still had the original wheels and covers. I still have mine on the car. They are unique today. Now all you get is plastic.

So, go for the new alloys but keep the old.

Ummm, I'm the proud OO of a 1986 'Bird. All you got was plastic then too, unless you bought the Elan, TC, or Fila. They looked good, and faked me out into thinking I had alloy wheels on my duck. Then one day, I had to change a tire (nail). Turns out, not only are the center caps plastic, but the molded wheel is actually just rubberized plastic on a steel wheel.
Since then, on two occasions when having tires put on it, the idiots in local tire shops have targeted the faux lugs on the plastic caps with their impact wrench. Instant finger hole in the plastic cap, and HUGE eyesore. As of the last incident, the cap is no longer available, so I'm stuck with one cap with a finger hole and three faux lugs, and the rest with 4 faux lugs. I guess the ONE will remind the next person putting tires on my car not to use the impact on the caps.

I really would like to get my hands on a set of 10 holers or turbines before the next set of tires goes on this thing. The originals are 14 inch wheels, and I would like to put more wheel with less sidewall height on this thing, staying as close as possible to the original ride height and tire OD so I don't have to monkey with the speedo/odo.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.

Suggestions please!

Reply #18
no, i wasn't talking about turbines.( i am already talking with the guy that has the turbines) i meant the BBS basketweave 4 lug rims. I love those. but I just can't find them.

Suggestions please!

Reply #19
Quote from: 86 night cat;178917
i have looked for turbines, but they are pretty hard to find. any ideas where to find them?

Sorry I must have misunderstood you.

Suggestions please!

Reply #20
yeah, my post after that one references the same ones you suggested. i thought you were commenting on the BBS post.