Skip to main content
Topic: Got a BIG problem (Read 3434 times) previous topic - next topic

Got a BIG problem

Dropped the Cat off at a performance shop today to get the back window tinted.  Well they had problems and couldn't get it done...

So I left the car there over night.  Well a friend called me tonight to say she just seen my car go screaming past her house and wondered why I didn't stop by.  What should I do?  I remember the milage when I dropped it off, so...

What should I do if I notice the mileage is off tomorrow?

Got a BIG problem

Reply #1
Id call the police and report it.

It is illegal for them to be using your car without your permission.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Got a BIG problem

Reply #2
* grabs neck and stranges driver of the car*

Got a BIG problem

Reply #3
i'd definately call the cops.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Got a BIG problem

Reply #4
call the cops now and report it stolen :)
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Got a BIG problem

Reply #5
Is there another 87-88 white XR7 there?

Got a BIG problem

Reply #6
I'd get my RedWing boots on and kick some A$$.I'm not joking.What are the odds they drove it like they stole it?Pretty high I'll bet.They would have to pay.One way or the other.I take my car so personal there would be a freakin' sh#@ storm come from the skies if that were to happen to me.Don't let them get away with it.Don't let them BS you either.Check the mileage,and if it's different than when you left it,tear them up.Police,money,whatever.Just make them pay one way or the other.Post as this ordeal goes on.Man,that makes me really pi$$ed,and I'm not even there !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Got a BIG problem

Reply #7
If there's ANY damage to the car (even before you dropped it off),blame them for it and report it.Go over there now and see if you can see the car.If you can get to it if it's there,check it out,see if it's been driven and get this going while it's fresh.yes,it's late,but don't give them the night to play with your car!!!Go !! Get off the computer and go !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Got a BIG problem

Reply #8
I'm with Vinnie.... GO!!

Got a BIG problem

Reply #9
Heres an idea, tell them youre not gonna be able to pick the car up and ask if they could keep it another night.  Pretty much if they agree there something fishy is up. And then while they have it wait to hear if it goes by your friends again, and if it does hurry over there. Basically catch them without the car being there, obviously you could raise some serious fuss then.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Got a BIG problem

Reply #10
Quote from: vinnietbird;167033
If there's ANY damage to the car (even before you dropped it off),blame them for it and report it.

yeah, i dont know if u really wanna do that. some shops take pictures or note any damage before they work on it. lets say they did  scratch the drivers door (god forbid), but u also report a dent on the passenger side thats been there for a while as thier fault. well if they have proof that the dent was like that before, your credibility goes way out the window. and not only that, but now YOU come across as the bad guy and trying to lie your way into getting a new looking car. :punchballs:  best just to stick to the truth
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Got a BIG problem

Reply #11
Grutinator is right, the truth is always the way to go. Also if you call it in stolen make sure you again tell the truth, that you left it at a shop and it has been seen driving around. Filing a false police report is a crime her, not sure about where you live.

Vinne,
OMG dude does this strike a nerve here? There has been conflict on the board before and I have noticed you are almost always neutral... "ALMOST" (obviously)!
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Got a BIG problem

Reply #12
Well I will see in the morning, if the odometer is different then when I dropped it off, I wil be filling a lawsuit.  My friends said it went screaming past there place, so he obviously was beating on it.  (if it was them)  She will testify, and I will be suing for a new crate motor and AOD.  As god only knows what they did with it and how bad they beat on it.

Lets hope it was my car. :evilgrin:

Got a BIG problem

Reply #13
File a lawsuit. I'm not one to sue sue sue but that is rediculous. My aunt bought an '80 Turbo TA new. She had it to a shop about a year after they bought it and when she picked it up, it had mud slung all over the sides. She knew they screwed around with it but neither her or my grandfather decided to go after the shop. They just let it go. Don't do that.

Got a BIG problem

Reply #14
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;167058
Well I will see in the morning, if the odometer is different then when I dropped it off, I wil be filling a lawsuit.  My friends said it went screaming past there place, so he obviously was beating on it.  (if it was them)  She will testify, and I will be suing for a new crate motor and AOD.  As god only knows what they did with it and how bad they beat on it.

Lets hope it was my car. :evilgrin:

I'm thinking a FRPP 347 fully dressed stroker and a brandy new Street/strip AOD from B&M maybe. Christ, while your at it.. they could have damaged teh rear end as well. Guess you might have to upgrade that as well;)