Skip to main content
Topic: Got a BIG problem (Read 3435 times) previous topic - next topic

Got a BIG problem

Reply #15
Sounds like your buddy needs a Vid cam. Then you'd have proof.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Got a BIG problem

Reply #16
Quote from: ipsd;167082
Sounds like your buddy needs a Vid cam. Then you'd have proof.

True dat:beatyoass:

Got a BIG problem

Reply #17
I had this happen to me before.My wife and I bought her a brand new Barretta GT with every option known to man on it.A few days after we bought it,we took the car down to have a factory (bought through the Chevy parts dept.) spoiler installed.We left the car for two days and two nights.When I went to pick up the car,it had over 450 miles added to the odometer (the car had less than 20 miles on it when I took it to the shop),the glass unroof was busted (they said that they closed the door and the glass shattered),and there was a small cigarette burn on the driver seat.But,the spoiler was painted and installed.The roof had a slight dent in it.Looked as though someone was sitting on it,and I ended up having to get legal so the shop could replace our car.Yes,replace our car.I told them that having to install a new sunroof,replace a seat (they weren't replacing the cover),and fix the roof,that didn't leave me with a "new" car like I had dropped off.After a week of lawyer action,we got another car.I HATE it when people do that .I know,I know,ultimately,it's a car,but to me,it's an invasion of privacy.You wouldn't want strangers hanging out in your house,using your bathtub and eating your food when your out of the house for the day.I probably take it a little too seriously,but if it's happening to you,they're doing it to someone else.As far as the "blame damage on them) thing,I didn't mean that,I was being angry.But,I doubt they take pics of the cars for safety if they're out driving your car at night.If they drive your car into a tree,I suppose they can say that the front end damage was there fault,but "that scratch on the trunk lid was already there".Doesn't make sense to me.Like I said,make 'em pay.If you hit them in checkbook,that'll get their attention.Yelling,and carrying on doesn't impress anyone anymore.Yes,I usually stay pretty neutral.But I hate it when people violate others personal stuff,cars,houses,whatever.People have no respect for other's property anymore.Enough of this for me.I'm mad over our Barretta again,and that was 13 years ago.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Got a BIG problem

Reply #18
That kind of happened to me also. I dropped my car off to get a new exhaust and when I came back a couple of hours later, there was burnout marks all over their parking lot! I bitched and complained about it and didn't have to pay for the job, but the fact that they beat on it.....I was pissed. Catching these people in the act would have been the best thing. Maybe you could set that up? Get them leaving the place with it? Go public, their credibility would be shot to hell. :flame:
:birdsmily:

Got a BIG problem

Reply #19
Quote from: 84 Fila;167079
I'm thinking a FRPP 347 fully dressed stroker and a brandy new Street/strip AOD from B&M maybe. Christ, while your at it.. they could have damaged teh rear end as well. Guess you might have to upgrade that as well;)

Close.... 331 Stroker, Lentech AOD, and a built diff with 4.10's.

Got a BIG problem

Reply #20
 skippy

Got a BIG problem

Reply #21
Ask if they will keep it another night and camp out by the shop, unnoticable, and see if the take it, and when they leave the lot call the cops and report it stolen. Check the mileage when you get it too.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Got a BIG problem

Reply #22
Not sure if you can sue them ron,when you sign at the shop to give them permission to work on the car most times it is also for a road test if necessary.
However that being said they really should have no reason to road test it if their just tinting the rear,check your odo as stated above and if it has more than 1km extra(shop in and out)ask them why,then bitch about it and maybe you'll get the tint for free.
If they didn't damage the eng trans after you test drive it then they will not be on the hook for an eng and trans as the few k they put on it did not damage anything.
Would be nice to get a new eng and trans out of them but in court it would just look greedy and the judge would not be happy about that.
In the end i could see you possibly getting the job done for free.

Got a BIG problem

Reply #23
Like I was told many moons ago when I suspected foul play when my transmission was being "rebuilt".....

Quote from: cougarman;68501
Sounds like someone there has taken a liking to your car, and wants to keep it.:nutkick:
<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Got a BIG problem

Reply #24
I can't believe the nerve of people these days...
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Got a BIG problem

Reply #25
Record the mileage difference, note anything that may have been damaged, out of place or missing that was not that way when the car was dropped off (don't forget your gas level), and file a police report.

Laws differ from state to state, but most likely this will be considered a civil (non-criminal) matter.  File the report anyway for dospoogeentation purposes.  The reason it will most likely be a civil matter is de to the fact that if you drop the car off for work, in many instances, a road test may be required to troubleshoot a problem or to check a repair. 

Tinted windows DO NOT necessitate a road test.  The vehicle MAY have been used for some type of "emergency purpose"  according to the shop.  They are still ultimately responsible for any damage that is incurred.  The same is true for items unless some policy reagrding that is clearly marked in the location of the business OR you signed a piece of paper with that stipulation. 

Good Luck!;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Got a BIG problem

Reply #26
um yeah .....  WHY would tinting the back window require ANY test drive.  THAT is ALL it was there for.  there is absolutley NO reason they should have been driving my car around AT ALL, last night.  That is what company vehicles are for. I talked to an officer this morning, and he said to go pick up the car and check the odometer.  If it has moved at all, confront them, then bring it to the station, and they will launch an investigation and lay charges of theft on the person responsible.  I do have an eye witness so the officer said that will help.

I signed no forms either, so they had ABSOLUTLEY NO permission for a test drive.

EDIT:  Ok I just went out there and they STILL aren't done it yet! 2 days to do one F ing window?!?!  WTF!  I will let them get the tint perfect, and finished before I ask who was driving the car lastnight.

Got a BIG problem

Reply #27
You're insane.Tell them you want the car,confront them,take the car to someons else.Why would they deserve another day with the car?Unless,they want to borrow it again.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Got a BIG problem

Reply #28
I had a similar problem with my 96 when it was at the body shop.

They backed it into a fence and put a bunch of little scratches in the car, completely missed one spot they were supposed to paint, removed paint from another they weren't supposed to, broke the outside door handle on the passenger door, tore the leather on the door panel, and screwed up the speaker grill, oh and didn't vaspoogee out the inside of sanding dust.

I called the head office of the place and the shop was on the phone with me within 5 minutes of hanging up with the district manager.

Don't let them have the car. Go over there and ask to see the car now. If the tint is done on it and they told you one more day I would start stomping someones @ss over it. Plus for all you know they could be doing something illegal with it. That won't look good if you get pulled over later on and your plates are ran.

Got a BIG problem

Reply #29
X2,take no chances.