Skip to main content
Topic: Finally got pics of my 88TC (Read 5556 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Finally got pics of my 88TC

Reply #15
Quote from: Bird351
Naah, no need to go to a track or a dyno. Just stick a phallic title under your name, (where it comes up on each post) drop all sorts of inappropriate hints about your shagual prowess, and loudly proclaim that your vehicle is the baddest in the land. It won't cost you anything.. not even gas money! :ies:

even if i didnt do the work to my car, or even if the car isnt mine?!
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #16
Quote from: Tbird232ci
even if i didnt do the work to my car, or even if the car isnt mine?!

Oh, especially if you didn't. It'll be our little secret..

Reply #17
Naah, no need to go to a track or a dyno. Just stick a phallic title under your name, (where it comes up on each post) drop all sorts of inappropriate hints about your shagual prowess, and loudly proclaim that your vehicle is the baddest in the land. It won't cost you anything.. not even gas money!

^^^Sweet!

Reply #18
Quote from: Bird351
Oh, especially if you didn't. It'll be our little secret..

That's where you're wrong!

Reply #19
Quote from: Ifixyawata
That's where you're wrong!

You been reading my sigs again? :p

Reply #20
Quote from: Tbird232ci
300 is a bit generous, especailly on 18psi

definatly a nice ride regardless, i love my TC and its bone stock, i know you must be having a blast!

Actually 300+hp is possible with his combo at only 18psi.  He has all the right parts so basically it all depends on the tune.  Last year I ran a 13.28 at 102.5 with only 16 psi and an absolutley terrible tune on the stand alone.
mods: SDS DFI, ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), Solid lifters, Esslinger roller cam #2277,adj. cam pulley, custom upper and ported lower intakes, 60-1 stage III .63 turbo, powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, 3" exhaust, MSD 6al, MSD coil, MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter,  Spec stage III clutch, Hallman boost controller, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15

Reply #21
300+ Is possible i agree glenn.

Depending upon which t3/t4 turbo you have it may have more or less?
Put a big npr intercooler in that car.  Those are really easy to install in that car.

Good luck and go out there and get some numbers.

Reply #22
I'll say 230-250 at the wheels. That's very respectable for a 4banger, not an insult. If you've got a stock T5 for a turbo, you'd better start putting money back to replace it. They are barely adequate for a stock TC, and won't hold up to much power for long, especially with sticky tires on a prepped track. Good lookin' ride, have a blast with her. I would be extremely impressed if it came close to 300 at wheels.

Reply #23
Quote from: foxford
I'll say 230 at the wheels. That's very respectable for a 4banger, not an insult. If you've got a stock T5 for a turbo, you'd better start putting money back to replace it. They are barely adequate for a stock TC, and won't hold up to much power for long, especially with sticky tires on a prepped track. Good lookin' ride, have a blast with her.

Are you sure you don't mean IHI, or do you actually mean the Transmission? I was under the assumption the T5 was a pretty sturdy unit, seeing as it's used in the Mustang GT's.

Reply #24
the TC and GT t5's aren't exactly the same tranny.nice car man  its nice to finally see our numbers grow here and get an  nice fmic  for it you will see a big difference. i side with glen on this one  he has hekped me out a few times with mine

Reply #25
the 4 banger T5's are still pretty stout, ive seen them used in 5.0 stangs in 11 second cars
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #26
Steve Choma's TC has basically the same combo and he makes 335rwhp with 25psi.  He has also has a lightly ported stock valved head and a stock bottom end.  The fresh bottom end and big valve head on Nick's would make a big difference in flow.  If properly tuned I could easily see 300+ with 18psi.  Especially if he has a bigger hybrid turbo. 

If you do the math with my best quarter mile mph 102.5 and the race weight of 3552 it equates to about 300rwhp and that was with only 16 psi.  The tune was terrible and since that run we found out the valve train geometry is way off.  In fact the rockers were cutting into the retainers and when we pulled the head off 3 of the 4 intake valves didn't completely close.  I can't wait to get it on the dyno once it's fixed.

I'm looking for around 370+rwhp and hope the T5 lasts till next year.  The Tremec isn't on the upgrade list till spring 06.
mods: SDS DFI, ported & polished big valve head(1.89/1.59), Solid lifters, Esslinger roller cam #2277,adj. cam pulley, custom upper and ported lower intakes, 60-1 stage III .63 turbo, powerstroke intercooler, 60mm throttle body, 75pph injectors, Walboro 255HP pump, Kirban adj. fuel reg., ATR header, 3" exhaust, MSD 6al, MSD coil, MSD Launch Control, MSD 8.5mm wires, K&N filter,  Spec stage III clutch, Hallman boost controller, Weld Draglites with M/T ET Street 26x11.5/15

Reply #27
actually, the funny thing is that the stock intercooler is fantastic for dragracing. it's not that restrictive (compared to the motorsport tbird intercooler and i've seen 300+ with those), the only downside is that you need to ice them keep them cool as possible.

with that combo and 16-18 psi, 300 is not a problem. you DON'T need psi all of the time, flow is also a big part. my turbo coupe mostly stock use to run 14.9's but had a 60 foot of 2.13's. flow was my problem. hence, it now has a full 3" exhaust. off hand, how is the MAF setup for you? i want to do it (i have an ecc tuner already), but have heard nothing but complaints/problems. though, i have thought of using the pro m one.

glenn, i have a rear light for your turbo coupe. $10 plus shipping good? let me know if your interested.
So you have a V8.......isn't that cute.

Reply #28
I remember when I first built my car...going from the old engine to the HO....I thought I had a 13 second car...an outright animal.  Then my buddy passed me in his mazda 6 series.  Straight to the track....hitting my head against the windshield the whole ride home......15.4 at about 75 mph....Then we  noticed on hard shifts that smoke only flew from one pipe....baffle was turned and the exhaust was only running one side....off to RCO for an off road and some 2 1/2 stuff.  Only then did I get closer to the elusive 13s (was a few years later that I finally hit them).

My other pet peeve....if you have a 200 hp car....and add three power adders that claim 15% boosts in power....don't go telling your friends that you have over 300 hp.  I think that kind of math was invented in the Chevy 350 camps.....keep it real man!

Jeff :canada:

Reply #29
Quote from: motormenace
hence, it now has a full 3" exhaust.

hell, i might have to drop by and check out your exhaust setup, im wanting to run a full 3", but i havnt seen it, so i dont want to buy a bunch of bends and whatnot, for me to not be able to assemble it

ive heard the stock IC is pretty sweet, but in my case, i could be driving around locally, and it gets pretty warm, not warm, but not hot, and i figured that it couldnt be so great for HP numbers

front mounting the stock one would actually be awesome
It's Gumby's fault.