Skip to main content
Topic: My new daily driver.. the love macheen (Read 2522 times) previous topic - next topic

My new daily driver.. the love macheen

Working practically 2 full time jobs, my wife works, starting a business on the side, got the band goin.. figured why not buy something thats gonna make me happy since I spend more time out/driving than i do at home. Its my first new car. I've had my tbird since I was 18 and I've kept it running strong for 5 years as my daily driver, but it was time for something I knew wasn't gonna lay down on me one day when on my busy schedule....

Still got the T-bird, and I don't want to sell it... It would break my heart to so I'm only going to if its ever an absolute necessity. BUT all the conversion parts seem kinda pointless now because it still woudln't be all that fast anyways. Hopefully when I do something to it I'd like to be able to put something really radical in it, or at least something more worked up than a stock HO 302. I suppose a mass air conversion would then be a necessity. :evilgrin:
Fly on Thunderbird, Fly! Operation Buy Back My Tbird or one like it funding: $0

Reply #1
Wow nice choice! Do the GTs come with a 5 spd. or a 6? What options did you get on the car?

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Reply #2
I wanna say 5. Not sure. I got automatic cause I just pretty much wanna cruise in it, but it will haul some serious ass. I got the pony package upgrade (black leather int., 18 wheels with center caps) and then the roush racing scoupe upgrade for free because they didn't have a stock scoup around with everything I wanted on it as well. Also came with 3.55's. 4.6 281 putting out 300 rwhp right out of the box so I can't complain.

Don't really quite feel like its "mine" so to speak yet because its so stock other than a few upgrades appearance wise. Everyone's telling me about chips and such. I suppose a catback and cold air as well but it just doesn't seem like much considering the amount of time/tweeks I've put into the bird to make it unique. Thats why I got the few upgrades I did because I didn't want to lose it in a parking lot with other stock GTs.

Reply #3
If you really didn't want to lose it you could have gotten the CS, California Special package.

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Reply #4
I almost bought the california special in black. There are nice cars. PLus I wanted it because it had my initials on the side CS.
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #5
Quote from: Metal Matt;155472
I wanna say 5
roush racing scoupe upgrade for free because they didn't have a stock scoup around with everything I wanted on it as well
4.6 281 putting out 300 rwhp right out of the box

All GT Mustangs have 5-Speeds. Cobra's are the only ones with 6-Speeds. All 93-97 LT1 F-Bodies, 98-02 LS1 F-Bodies, and 04-06 GTO's have 6-Speeds.

That is the standard Ford hoodscoop.

300 FLYWHEEL HP. You'd be lucky to have about 265 rwhp with the auto box.

But nice car anyways. The GT looks great LEFT as a GT. I like the 18's and color choice.

Reply #6
Very Nice, and from the sounds of it well deserved.
Grats!
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #7
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;155487
That is the standard Ford hoodscoop.

300 FLYWHEEL HP. You'd be lucky to have about 265 rwhp with the auto box.

But nice car anyways. The GT looks great LEFT as a GT. I like the 18's and color choice.

Um.... I looked at both and compared them side by side ford scoop is boxier and has the matching plastic stuff as the grill. This ones wider, lower, and doesn't have that...

Quote from: Jim_Miller;155489
Very Nice, and from the sounds of it well deserved.
Grats!

Thank you very much. :)

Reply #8
Beautiful car. Congratulations and enjoy.

Don't necessarily stop on the Bird. You said it yourself, you're doing it to make it unique, so what if it isn't fast. The new stang can more than make up for it ;)

Reply #9
Quote from: 5.0willgo;155495
Beautiful car. Congratulations and enjoy.

Don't necessarily stop on the Bird. You said it yourself, you're doing it to make it unique, so what if it isn't fast. The new stang can more than make up for it ;)

Hell yeah man. :) I don't know what it is, that car is just a part of me. It feels like home. I've been able to count on it more than anything else it seems. Thanks for the compliments.

Reply #10
my buddy jsut did the same thing bought a brand new gt black with auto me messed up his knee so he couldnt drive his 03 cobra so he gave the cobra back to his dad and he bought him the new stang. nice car!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #11
Nice:D

My girlfriend fell in love with a blue GT/CS 'vert at the auto show. I'm not getting her that for her birthday:hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #12
Nice Mustang.

As soon as I get settled somewhere, I plan on getting an '05+ 5-speed GT - that's all I've ever wanted as a new car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
hmm local houstonian....

what kind of music do you play, and what is the name of the band? ive been playing guitar for 14yrs. also play bass, drums, and keyboard. cant sing to save my life, though :D

congrats on the car, btw.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #14
Thanks everybody. Its still hasn't actually really hit me yet that I own this car. Its everything I want and more..

Quote from: 32VFoxBird;155631
hmm local houstonian....

what kind of music do you play, and what is the name of the band? ive been playing guitar for 14yrs. also play bass, drums, and keyboard. cant sing to save my life, though :D

congrats on the car, btw.

well here's some of my solo stuff...
http://www.myspace.com/motleymetalmattmusic

and here's some of my new band's (Vertigo Rising) stuff. REALLY rough though
http://www.myspace.com/vertigorisingmusic

We are currently looking for another drummer, hit me up if you're interested. And I feel your pain about singing. I wish I could but i think it frightens small animals and children.