Skip to main content
Topic: My new daily driver.. the love macheen (Read 2521 times) previous topic - next topic

My new daily driver.. the love macheen

Reply #15
very cool man!

i have a few riffs you might could do something with, if you ever want to hook up. i live near crosby.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

My new daily driver.. the love macheen

Reply #16
300 FLYWHEEL HP. You'd be lucky to have about 265 rwhp with the auto box.

It's quite common to see that # and slightly more in an auto.  Slightly higher in a stick (saw one post 282...... yup these are underated by about 15 horse or so)

Step 1 if you don't plan on going forced induction is a better air intake and computer tune.  Most aftermarket air intakes by themselves will throw a lean code with out a tune.  The ones that don't really don't flow as well.  You can expect 25-30 RWHP with an intake tube and tune, sometimes a wee bit more.

The computer tune will also get rid of the Torque Management settings if you so desire.  Th stock factory tune limits the electronic throttle in first gear to 85% whether a manual or auto trans.  Should you opt for a tune, I highly recommend you talk to the tuner about getting rid of this. 

Also NO automatic equipped S197 Mustang GT comes with 3.55's Only the Shelby GT Hertz Editions came that way.  In '05 and '06 3.55's were standard on manual transmission equipped cars.  In '07 the manual cars get the 3.31's standard and 3.55's are an option.

In short, if the car does in fact have 3.55's, somebody's already had the rear apart.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!