Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone into NASCAR? (Read 4737 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone into NASCAR?

I just wondered with all us car buffs, is anyone into NASCAR?
Who are your fave drivers?
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #1
No.. Hate it.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #2
I'll watch NAStyCAR if there's no other racing on. I prefer ALMS and Grand AM over just about anything else right now. F1, indycar and champcar are all good too. NAStyCAR has just ruined the racing by trying to make it a show instead of a race.

There are a few drivers I like, though. Tony Stewart just because of his incredible ability. Kasey Kahne and Ryan Newman I used to watch running Spint cars, as well as Stewart.

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #3
I enjoy NASCAR a lot.  Petty Racing is my favorite team, but since its drivers have no chance to win a race, I also root for Greg Biffle and some of the other Roush guys.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #4
Quote from: Chuck W;148069
No.. Hate it.

:stupid: Silly "Non Athletic Sport Created Around Rednecks"!!! Give me open wheel racing over that any day, Indy, Cart, F1, heck even Le-mans.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #5
I like Nascar :D  Although I really enjoy watching the Grand Am Series and the Austrailian V8 Supercar series and just about any other form of racing, including Off-road. I like the Roush guys, Kahne, Martin, and a few others.

Sorry guys, don't care to much for the F-1/IRL type cars, don't like the "I'm the only one that makes things happen" attitude most of them have. How many of those guys do you ever hear of thanking the crew, the Fans, None! Good example -> Juan Pablo, he needs to go back to the IRL. His attitude stinks!

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #6
I like stock car racing, if it has to be on an oval. So naturally I hate NASCAR.

Tarmac and Dirt Rallies for the win. Pretty much anything on a road course.

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #7
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;148077
There are a few drivers I like, though. Tony Stewart just because of his incredible ability...

Incredible ability at what?  Wrecking people then crying about how it was their fault because they raced next to him for a lap?  :flame:

I watch NASCAR, but I'm nowhere near as interested in it as I was when I was younger.  My fav driver is Matt Kenseth.

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #8
I rarely watch a NASCAR race anymore.

I wish SPEED could come to an agreement with the WRC and bring that series back on TV.
I think that WRC drivers are the most talented in the world.

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #9
I sometimes watch the cars go round and round a few times, then I get bored and go do something else, like prep my car for real drag racing or watch paint dry.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #10
no
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #11
Skittles in a toilet...

WRC, NASA, SCCA, F1, local Sprint Cars, PNW Rally, etc, etc. But I don't watch much (any) TV, so I usually just go watch them live.

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #12
I used to watch it until Nextel took over. It hasnt been the same since. My fav. driver used to be Rusty Wallace. But since he retired now, I really dont have a fav. driver.

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #13
Ok guys, I was asking for a reason...... silly boys!

I don't care for it myself, but I have an opportunity to get some NASCAR stuff and since I won't really use it, I thought I might throw it in for the Chinese Auction at CJ. I just wanted to see if it was worth doing or not.

So, let me know if you would like that sort of thing. (If not, please just don't say anything in this thread, I just need to know how many would be interested) You can start a thread to knock it all ya want LOL;)
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Anyone into NASCAR?

Reply #14
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;148117
I thought I might throw it in for the Chinese Auction at CJ. I just wanted to see if it was worth doing or not.

Well, in that instance, by all means do it. There are always a few people who enjoy it, and I'm sure that they would like that as a prize. Conversely, if someone wins it that doesn't like it, they could just trade someone or what-nots.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...