Skip to main content
Topic: Polar white (Read 4269 times) previous topic - next topic

Polar white

Does anyone know where to purchase this color in a spray can?I have checked Dupli-colors webb page and they do not list it. I am trying to do some touch up work and I am having no luck at all,matching this paint up...........uuuuuuuuuuugh :confused:
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Polar white

Reply #1
you could have a quart mixed up at a paint store. then get a sprayer that works off CO2 cartriges
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

Polar white

Reply #3
Most auto paint stores can mix it if it's a factory color and then charge a spray can with it. Least they USED to be able to do that.

no idea of the cost
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Polar white

Reply #4
Quote from: EricCoolCats;145096
You're talking about the 1983 code 9D, correct?

that is correct

thanks for the suggestions guys,I will go have some mixed.
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Polar white

Reply #5
I had to get a can made up for me when I had my old light sage green '85 T-Bird. It was quite costly (about $15, back when a can of Dupli-Color was $3), but since nobody made Light Sage Green Metallic in spray bombs it was either that or paint the whole bloody car...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Polar white

Reply #6
Ok,I took a pic of the code # that they give on the car.what color is this? I dont see it listed on coolcats site.

Note:I used the macro on my camera............lol
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Polar white

Reply #7
alright,I am getting real confused.according to the exterior paint code # on the car (1M) this is "pearl".On the coolcats site,1M is "light charcoal".can someone please clear this up for me.
does anyone else have a 1983 bird or cougar with the paint code 1M?
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Polar white

Reply #8
I have an 83 and 84 paint chip set. It states that 1M is Lihy Charcoal. Could your car be either 62 Antique Cream, 6y French Vanilla,  or even a newer 84' 9l Oxford White? Or one better, is the car a repaint? This is 1M: and it doesn't look like your car

Polar white

Reply #9
Quote from: 84 Fila;145223
I have an 83 and 84 paint chip set. It states that 1M is Lihy Charcoal. Could your car be either 62 Antique Cream, 6y French Vanilla,  or even a newer 84' 9l Oxford White? Or one better, is the car a repaint? This is 1M: and it doesn't look like your car

I agree,that does not look like my color.what is the code # on your car Fila.my color looks to be close to yours.this could very well be a "light charcoal" color,but it sure looks white to me.......lol.

This car still has the original paint,so I know it hasnt been changed.
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Polar white

Reply #10
Mine is " Pastel Charcoal" which to my knowlage is a Fila only color. Paint code 1M. Holy shiznit, did I miss something?

Polar white

Reply #11
From what I see man, you either have a Fila paint code, or my car is really messed up. I think we should hook up one day and compair them. They look to be close in color I do agree. Is there a picture you have of your car in the sun, one in teh shade, and a side shot. Here's mine to compair to:

Polar white

Reply #12
Ok,I am going to say we both have "light charcoal"I am going to the paint store, look at there charts, and see what "light charcoal"looks like on there chart.

If you look at the car,it does have a charcoal or light blue tint to it.this must be where they come up with "light charcoal":confused:
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Polar white

Reply #13
Mine doesnt. It's solid white. Mind you some 6 odd years of dirt and hand prints but it's white. And to the best of my knowlage, it's Pastel Charcoal, which is a Fila only color. I may be wrong here, but I've never seen a hint of blue of anything else on my car other then a matt white

Polar white

Reply #14
I just checked my 1983 Mercury exterior color book that dealerships used...that code 1M is called Light Charcoal and it is indeed a very light greyish-blue, almost white but not quite. That swatch that Fila posted is pretty accurate in that respect. I can actually tell from your photo, Chooglin, that your car is that color...it never looked white to me. It's a very nice color, I dig it.

So I guess you can stop looking for code 9D now. :hick: