Skip to main content
Topic: gtp heads (Read 917 times) previous topic - next topic

gtp heads

will gtp heads have any valve/piston clearance problems with SO pistons?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

gtp heads

Reply #1
Most likely you'll need valve reliefs.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

gtp heads

Reply #2
like magic,,, if you click that button called search,,

then type in this very thread title,,"gtp heads",, the solutions are there.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/search.php?searchid=210577

lots of info in my diy link as well above my sig

gtp heads

Reply #3
Quote from: vinnietbird;144764
Most likely you'll need valve reliefs.

Yep
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

gtp heads

Reply #4
what are valve reliefs?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

gtp heads

Reply #5
cuts in the pistons to allow the valves to travel out without hitting the pistons. Last thing you want is your piston nailing the valves!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07