Skip to main content
Topic: IM sick (Read 2677 times) previous topic - next topic

IM sick

I just Read in a motor trend that in 08 2 horrible things will be happening to the Lincoln ls.

#1. They plan to switch it from rear wheel to front wheel, (to as they put it under pin the Montego and 500)

#2. Top of the line Ls's will be recieving a transversly mounted 4.4 311 horse power Yahama engine.(BOOOO)

The only Promising thing looks to be the Towncar they plan on a 4.6 triton which will most likley be strecthed to a 5.0. For release in 09

Re: IM sick

Reply #1
#2. Top of the line Ls's will be recieving a transversly mounted 4.4 311 horse power Yahama engine.(BOOOO)

the Taurus SHO's have Yamaha engines
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
Yeah, DO NOT boo that Yamaha engine until you take a ride in an SHO.  I had a '92 5-speed and it was the fastest car I've ever driven.  The power beyond 3k rpm (7k redline) is UNREAL.  Basically it's like a new generation SHO.  I don't think that's so bad.  Maybe the increased performance will gain the LS some respect.  Inded it is a shame to see a car go from RWD to FWD, but such is life in these times of incapable drivers in incliment weather.

And PS - HOLY shiznit a 4.4 is a big engine to be mounted transversely!  That's only .2 away from our beloved 4.6!

Reply #3
Now to turn that 4.4 longitudinally and hook it up to a T-56 and stuff it in a Fox body....Muhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #4
thats another one of Chucks useless engine swap ideas...
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
Ugh, you and your worthless engines and questionable cars, Chuck.  :rolleyes:

Reply #6
Here's hoping Ford gets enough flak/feedback from the auto shows and dealerships to rethink their FWD plans. It's incomprehensible to understand why they would abandon the cash cow that is the Crown Vic/GM/Town Car. Limo and cab drivers especially will really be pissed. Then again, they can just migrate over to the new Caddys. So much for Ford locking up those markets.

Electronics in vehicles are at the point now where it's next to impossible to drop just the motor into another vehicle, and get it to function correctly without major issues. The days of experimentation have gotten a lot tougher. Unless companies keep making ECM/PCU electronic bridges, some powertrain swaps will never happen. Which makes the SEFI 5.0 swap that much easier.

Reply #7
It was more of a joke...but I bet some stand-alones can cope with the issues.  Some engines are too complicated with variable electronic valve timing and the like, but those that aren't should/could be able to be handled.

It's kind of sad they're switching the LS to FWD though.  Now it will just be a rebadged 500....yuck.  The Vic platform was dated, but at least it was RWD.

Sorry Eric..no 5.0 for me.... :p
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #8
Maybe the concept Zephyr is the new LS.... :dunno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #9
This is Ford Motor Company we are talking about not mitsubishi who Damiler/Benz owns half of now, Dodge cant stand up on its own so it out sources to Mitsubishi for alot of thier passenger cars. Ford is not in that state Of decline, I dont see thier affixment with yamaha is. And i have ridden in a 92 Taurus SHO and still BOOO to yamaha . The engines are a bitch to work on and it just dosent belong.

Reply #10
I guess 5.0 is the end-all, be-all of engines.  Stupid Ford for trying something different.  For the record that's only the THIRD yamaha engine ever put into a Ford, so I'd hardly call it an "affixment".  See how many Mazda engines are in Ford's then start talking.

You talk out your a$$ sometimes.

Reply #11
Yep, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, etc. etc. You would be surprised. :grinno:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #12
Quote from: 20th anny 5.o
This is Ford Motor Company we are talking about not mitsubishi who Damiler/Benz owns half of now, Dodge cant stand up on its own so it out sources to Mitsubishi for alot of thier passenger cars. Ford is not in that state Of decline, I dont see thier affixment with yamaha is. And i have ridden in a 92 Taurus SHO and still BOOO to yamaha . The engines are a bitch to work on and it just dosent belong.

well, i guess since ford is so badass, they shouldnt have the new thunderbird on a jaguar platform, with a jaguar engine, they should have never deal with Mazda, Aston Martin, Volvo, none of it, they rock so much that they should be Ford only, and use Ford parts and technology

so i guess we should be using borg-warner T5's, Tremec trannies, any Bosch parts, no parts form Canada seeing as Ford is "all american", we should convert all of the nuts and bolts to our "american only" measurment system, throw away the turbo coupe since it uses Garret and IHI turbos, Tokoico shocks and struts, even ditch the fox front suspension since its kinda similar to f-body front suspension

bring back the carbed 289 and all will be well!! L/\/\A0!!11
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #13
:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #14
Is it time to play "America, F*** Yeah!" from that Team America movie? heh