Skip to main content
Topic: IM sick (Read 2676 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: IM sick

Reply #15
And, d00d.. you're way off on that 289 thing.

Bring back the FE. :p

Reply #16
This is one hillarious thread. The LS goes from a Jaguar to a Volvo, and people complain about a Yamaha lump. :grinno:

Reply #17
Yamaha = teh win.  That is all.

Reply #18
teh yahmeha cAn neva l0se

just an adaptation from your normal line about the cat. hehehe

Reply #19
I have a 93 SHO and I find it difficult to keep my foot out of the gas.  It is very fast for a grocery getter.  They are high maintenance vehicles.  I don't understand why Ford doesn't make their own high performance V6 engine, but I guess there is a lot of research and infastructure that goes into it and it must have made sense to contract it out to Yamaha.  Maybe someone here can shed light on that.  Things often change faster than we want it to.  That's why Im hanging onto my bird for dear life.

Reply #20
Quote from: Tbird232ci
bring back the carbed 289 and all will be well!! L/\/\A0!!11

Cool already have one from a '68 Cougar out in the garage!!!
Quote from: Bird351
And, d00d.. you're way off on that 289 thing.

Bring back the FE. :p

Either way I'm ready.. Got a couple of 428s out in the garage as well. Guess I better go get the 352 FE a guy was tryin to give me yesterday...(no not 351).

Don't laugh... I hear Ford Racing has a new 427 FE in their '05 catalogue.

Reply #21
This motor and chassis is already out: go drive a V8 powered Volvo SUV at your friendly dealer to see what the Lincoln will be. The Zephyr will be out in a few months, it will replace the V6 LS.  In the meantime we will still have the V8 model, might be a collectors item since it might be the last good Lincoln. 

Oh, and this new V8 they are talking about is a bored/stroked version of the V8 used in the last Taurus SHO. So its not new by any stretch of the imagination.
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #22
I have a yahmaha motorcycle and lots of yahmaha sound things like piano and sound cards and stuff. I cant say that I have owned a yamaha tarus, but that motorcycle being a 1982 virago 750cc road bike with a bad clutch, I still can beat some bullet bikes in 0-60 of about 3 secs. Not bad for a 20+ year old motorcycle that sat in my back yard for almost 15 years. with a jump it started right up
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #23
Lincoln = Acura. Get used to it. FoMoCo will not chase Caddy, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti or M-B with the Lincoln lineup because they have Jag and Volvo to compete in that arena. Lincoln will be positioned in the same segment as Acura, the "entry level luxury" segment. The Acura TL is an expensive Accord, and the LS will become an expensive 500. The next generation Aviator will be a car-based SUV much like the Acura MDX. It's the direction Lincoln is heading, mark my words.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #24
Quote from: pro-five-oh
This motor and chassis is already out: go drive a V8 powered Volvo SUV at your friendly dealer to see what the Lincoln will be. The Zephyr will be out in a few months, it will replace the V6 LS.  In the meantime we will still have the V8 model, might be a collectors item since it might be the last good Lincoln. 

Oh, and this new V8 they are talking about is a bored/stroked version of the V8 used in the last Taurus SHO. So its not new by any stretch of the imagination.

I didn't think Yamaha designed that engine.  I thought it was Ford's extrapolation on the 3.0 and 3.2 V-6's.  Maybe with all the problems the 3.4's had, they kicked it back to Yamaha to fix whatever they had done wrong.

I could be mistaken though...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #25
The 3.4 was based on the 2.5L duratec V6, nothing related to the old vulcan based 3.0/3.2.  Yamaha massaged the heads, intake and did the engineering to make a V8 from a V6, IIRC. I could be wrong too. :)

http://www.v8sho.com
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

Reply #26
hrmmmm.  Looks like they'll be just down the street from me at their hotels during their convention....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon