Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 T-Bird (It's back! New pics pg. 7) (Read 11108 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 T-Bird (It's back! New pics pg. 7)

Reply #75
Nice:D

Makes my good looking 20 year old factory paint job look like  :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #76
Nice :D

Makes my good looking 1 year old paint job look like .

Oh wait.... its covered in Hail Damage ;-;

Looks like  anyway. :[

I LOVE YOURS THOUGH!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #77
The snowflakes really change the look of the car :D

Rims are refinished, caps are all NOS. There are still some odds and ends to do. A button on the instrument cluster was broken and I had to swap in the button set from a spare cluster. I also put in a NOS fuel gauge, and I appear to have correct fuel readings for once. My trunk light isn't working, and I found that the bulb was gone, but putting in one didn't help. Will have to look into that tomorrow. Also need to swap the front license plate holder next week as the one on the car is cracked. As a final touch, I swapped in my modded instrument cluster stencil that has green "SPEED CONTROL" in place of amber "CHECK OIL" as I don't have the sender for that. Installed a wire/connector in the cluster connector for it, and someday I'll put in a relay so the cruise can trip the light (once I figure out the wiring). The strut mounts are finally in, and I scored a rubber distributor cap and NOS coil cover, but my radio amp wire is in the way of the cover so I'll have to figure that one out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #78
AWESOME!!!
SOOOO glad someone got good use out of those wheels!! They look great man!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #79
looks great, whats the name of the place that did the seats you meantioned it was on 420 and chester pike?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #80
Much better! Now you need to get some Cragars! lol.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #81
Quote from: Bob;209240
looks great, whats the name of the place that did the seats you meantioned it was on 420 and chester pike?

Hmmm. I don't remember, it was ten years ago. It was Keystone-something. If I remember correctly it's  next to the gas station that's on the corner. If you're going north on Chester pike, it's on the left just after you cross 420.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #82
Quote from: Quietleaf;209281
Hmmm. I don't remember, it was ten years ago. It was Keystone-something. If I remember correctly it's  next to the gas station that's on the corner. If you're going north on Chester pike, it's on the left just after you cross 420.

Cool I'll look for them, thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #83
Here...I found the card the guy had given me when he did the seats:

(typing what's on the card)

Keith's Automotive Service Center
Repairs - Upholstery
751 Chester Pike
Prospect Park, PA 19076

Keith Reid
(610) 532-2881

State Inspection
Emissions Inspection
Complete Auto Repair
"ASE Certified"

Complete Auto & Boat Upholstery

He has a book that contains pictures of his work. It's very, very, good, but be prepared to shell out some cash for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #84
Update: I stopped in Keith's to see if I can get some rear-seat work done. He doesn't do upholstery anymore, but there's supposedly a place on US 322 (just past PA 452) that does it. It's actually next door to the mechanic that works on my car, LOL. I'll be stopping in there Monday to see what they can do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #85
The latest mod: 1995 T-Bird dome light. Two hours to paint, ten minutes to mount. Go figure :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #86
looks good!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #87
Quote from: Quietleaf;221207
The latest mod: 1995 T-Bird dome light. Two hours to paint, ten minutes to mount. Go figure :hick:

Glad to see I've inspired someone, LOL.  That one's MUCH brighter IMHO.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #88
Quote from: Quietleaf;221207

Quote from: V8Demon;221222
Glad to see I've inspired someone, LOL.  That one's MUCH brighter IMHO.

Sweet!
Haha, Yea i picked one up on the last Boneyard run myself, out of a Taurus.
Need to paint it Blue/Black/Silver now. :hick:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #89
I like that you guys are using the cv and all taurus dome lights.... i must be the only one that used the MN12 one