Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 T-Bird (It's back! New pics pg. 7) (Read 11110 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 T-Bird (It's back! New pics pg. 7)

Reply #30
Are you going to be selling the Turbines?

Reply #31
Quote from: kingcars;166443
Are you going to be selling the Turbines?

Almost certainly but I want to wait until the snowflakes are on the car before I commit to selling them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #32
Nice t-bird looking awesome with turbines on there
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0L AOD 2.73 :cougarsmily:
1993 F150 XLT 5.8L E4OD 3.55

Reply #33
Quote from: Sick88Tbird;166365
Can't wait to see it all painted up again with a nice set of snowflakes...are you going to get them powdercoated?  or just natural with clear?

Not sure. Can you explain the difference to me? I don't know anything about refinishing wheels.

I stopped by the paint shop and we agreed on starting it as soon as we hit October (as there's a tiny chance I might need the car before then). There's a shop near the airport that does rims for him that he'll hook me up with when I'm ready.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #34
natural finish is just taking the peeling clear off, and having them re cleared. Powder coating is a very durable finish, and you can have them done in a wide veriaty of colors
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #35
Did you ever get the center cap? I never heard back from you?
Jim

Reply #36
Quote from: Quietleaf;166448
Almost certainly but I want to wait until the snowflakes are on the car before I commit to selling them.

Alright, drop me a PM if/when you are selling them (I dont need the rubber either).

Yeah...I've been debating between 10 holes and Turbines, and now I've chosen the Turbines after seeing them on your car.  My Uncle has tires I can use too (275s hehe).

Reply #37
Quote from: thundr306;166511
Did you ever get the center cap? I never heard back from you?
Jim

For the wheel I bought from you? Yup, I picked one up at Carlisle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #38
Quote from: kingcars;166537
Alright, drop me a PM if/when you are selling them (I dont need the rubber either).

Yeah...I've been debating between 10 holes and Turbines, and now I've chosen the Turbines after seeing them on your car.  My Uncle has tires I can use too (275s hehe).

Whoa, everyone hold your horses. I haven't even hooked up with the shop that will be refinishing the snowflakes. And then, once the rims are done, I have to order tires and get them mounted. I haven't even decided if I'd even be willing to ship the rims, but most likely not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #39
Ok, good.

Reply #40
Hey man, I think you need a shift kit and trans-cooler installed in that monster of your...hmmm...I seem to have both that I can install for cheap...pro-long the life of your trans...interested?

give me a ring and let me know...other wise i will probably just sell to whoever wants it.

-Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Fun with LED's

Reply #41
For the longest time I've been having voltage issues. I already have a 130A Ford Racing alternator (at least that's what I had told the mechanic to put in all those years ago), and yet when I have the lights and AC/Heater on I have a hard time staying above 12V while driving. The fog lamps are really what kill me: two 55W bulbs up front. So I decided to try out LED lights to see if I can reclaim some wattage. I got some lights from http://www.autolumination.com and put them in:

- 2 small 194-type replacements around the license plate, 2 on the inner tail lights, 4 illuminating the instrument cluster, and 2 illuminating the speedo
- 4 larger lights for the brake lights (but one was bad/burned out so I have a normal bulb in there)

I took some pics. Around the license plate they're really bright, which looks kinda cool. Around the instrument cluster they're about normal illumination, maybe just a touch brighter, but a cleaner bluish white. A side-effect is that the normal deep green is now a bit more aqua and is a lot closer to the tripminder color. I find that I really like it, as it takes some of the edge off that green. I snapped some pics to show the results.

The downside? They're expensive. The upside? 0.4-0.5V improvement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar

Reply #42
Almost like it gives off a more "true" color doesn't it? Sweet!

Reply #43
Quote from: atariman;171818
Almost like it gives off a more "true" color doesn't it? Sweet!
:stupid:

Reply #44
The 194 ones I got are the ones with the full metallic heatsink, btw...

The instrument cluster pic is a little brighter than it really looks. The camera is a little more sensitive than the mark one eyeball, but it's not far off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade