Skip to main content
Topic: questions about tc to fox (Read 4123 times) previous topic - next topic

questions about tc to fox

Im getting ready to buy an 82 Fox roller. I have a black 5-speed TC. I want to swap the 2.3 5-speed into the fox. But I have a couple questions.

Will the pedal assembly out of the TC work in the fox body? The fox has an automatic pedal assembly.

Will the gas tank interchange between the two cars? The 82 was carb'd and had manual fuel pump. The Turbo engine will need the high PSI fuel pump of the coupe.

And is there anything special I should know about doing this swap?

Thanks
Jason

Reply #1
Why not just drive the TC? There's little to no weight savings going to a fox unless you get race car nuts.

Reply #2
I think TC's are ugly. and overall the fox is a lot nicer car.

Reply #3
What the hell is an '82 fox? You can't just say " '82 fox body" because there were about 6 different cars being built in '82 that were fox bodies.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #4
its the hell of a 82 fox mustang notch :rolleyes:

Reply #5
btw if you didn't know t/c's are fox bodies
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #6
Didnt everyone know the mustang notch was the ONLY fox out there?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #7
You can probably swap most of it over,but then you'll be one of the millions of Stang drivers out there.The Fox Birds and Cats are able to do about anything a Stang can do,and be more comfortable doing it.I spanked a '91 stang yesterday,and felt really good doing it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #8
Quote from: Tbird232ci;138466
Didnt everyone know the mustang notch was the ONLY fox out there?

oh my god! are you serious!!??

lol, I ain't knockin a Stang, but when I see a realllly nice, modded LX5.0 or GT, I think: ", there's a nice set of parts for my Tbirds!" :evilgrin:

Keep the TC...it's more aerodynamic than ANY pre-'94 Mustang, more room too. ANYBODY can have a crustang, you don't see many Thunderbirds that look good AND haul ass. ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #9
TC's are ugly...hahahahaha.....that's a first....

People saying 4 eye Cougars are ugly is one thing but...........

Are you sure you don't mean the 82 Mustang is ugly??? :giggle:

Reply #10
A Puddle Jumper!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #11
I don't know if I should be  offended or not. I'm a T/c owner. Naw just rip out what you want and sell the rest to one of us. Or s it and make my car more rare. Thanks for the help. I know the little mustang 2.3T it a hot setup but why trash a rarer than normal birds just to hop up a stang. The birds are a road car and I mean high flyin road cars. The stangs are just light little shoe boxes, not so good for a road trip.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #12
sell the tc and buy a 2.3t!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #13
Guys, chill. You're acting like mustang owners.

Reply #14
If he hates turbo coupes, why is he on a thunderbird/cougar message board...I have to wonder.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip