Skip to main content
Topic: unfortunate news (Read 2040 times) previous topic - next topic

unfortunate news

i was driving down bruce b. downs and turned into a turn lane but then some idiot lady went the wrong way and swiped me estimated damage is 12,000 dollars to her car and mine is totaled out. here are some pics of the damage she will be missed

R.I.P.

unfortunate news

Reply #1
, that's unfortunate! Stupid lady.

unfortunate news

Reply #2
why totaled is there frame damage? That sucks man!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

unfortunate news

Reply #3
yea its all twisted

unfortunate news

Reply #4
Looks like you got that new rear wheel steering. That sucks.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

unfortunate news

Reply #5
rear 1/4 damage generally totals these cars.
It's Gumby's fault.

unfortunate news

Reply #6
ok yall good news and bad news... i have a new car to drive and as a project car. but the bad news is its a 1989 chevrolet suburban 350ci V8 350 Tranny, tinted windows, 1/2" drop (im gonna drop it about 3") dual pipes glasspacks. well ill live

unfortunate news

Reply #7
put a 454 in it and call it good!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

unfortunate news

Reply #8
Is she an organ donor?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cougarsmily:

unfortunate news

Reply #9
Keep yours as a parts car, buy another and transfer all of your good stuff to the new one.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

unfortunate news

Reply #10
Sell the big chevy lump and use the money to buy another bird.

unfortunate news

Reply #11
Quote from: dominator;137440
Sell the big chevy lump and use the money to buy another bird.

:stupid:

unless you need that size of a vehicle for work or something.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

unfortunate news

Reply #12
I take it the other driver's insurance covered your damage (at least partially)?

No way to straighten out the chassis and maybe raid a junkyard for the remaining replacement parts?

My 1999 Dodge Intepid was "totaled" by my insurance company becuase of a 5 MPH front-end hit. They ended up giving me around $5500 (I can't remember exactly). I got it fixed LIKE NEW for $1800.

Unless you've already used the insurance money for the Chevy, you should shop around and see what kind of a deal you can get for the T-Bird.

unfortunate news

Reply #13
may she rest in peace-what a shame i feel for you bro hope you can find another
:birdsmily:1985thunderchicken with 5.0 and dual pipes and more to come

unfortunate news

Reply #14
Don't take any  from the insurance company. Make them get you a replacement. Forget that screw me out of money cause of the kelly blue book value. If I can get more than the blue book value on a 81 datsun 510 2 door sedan you can get more than blue book for your bird. Get out all the pics of the work you have done to it. Also show the adjuster how you are atteched to the car. Also don't take No for an answer. When ever they don't give you what you want hang up and wait untill they call you back. They aren't done with there job until they get you to sign of on the paper work. You have the power not to sign your name. (RIGHT)!  Don't let they roll over you they are there to get you back to exzactly where you were before the old bag hit you. Did you have the bird and the chevy before she hit you? YES So you should have it and another bird to replace your loss. If you have to sell anything to get you another bird they should have to make up for it. Don't take any  from them and No you don't need a laywer. Just make them give and give and give until you get where you feel you were before anyting ever happened.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird