Skip to main content
Topic: HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9) (Read 11752 times) previous topic - next topic

HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9)

Reply #150
yea the t-5 is not meant for a bit over stock you can feel just how soft the shifts are in my car, and the tranny does NOT like to go from a slow roll to wot (i NEVER dump the clutch) but i have a original 1969 toploader 4 speed, complete except shifter for it if it dies. O the flows would be like 50 bucks and then shipping if you think thats fair since thats a lot less the new, and its for both
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #151
Thats definitely fair; PM sending right now.

Reply #152
The debate on how strong a t-5 is can go on and on. I had a stock t-5 in my 85 Tbird for almost 5yrs, ran at the track on drag radials, on nitrous, on boost and eventually went 11.7.
Jim

Reply #153
well mines gonna see how much it likes drag launches on bfg's in a few years, then ill let you know how strong it is
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #154
T-56 and call it good! :D

Reply #155
well, whats the worst case?

you beat on it too much and you have to get it rebuilt or find a spare in a junyard from one of many ford vehicles that had an AOD. if you got the guts you could tear into it and replace the bands/clutches/whatever the hell burned out, and thats it.

all im saying is an AOD isnt like, say, the ultrasuede material in my 20th. you ruin it, its not impossible to find, and the price wouldnt be more than average, even if you have to have a shop rebuild it.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #156
Got some good news, guys.  I struck a deal on a mustang H-Pipe (with cats) for $50.  Dad and I will be driving down to pick it up in a few days, along with a 350 engine block dad has also bought in the same area (he plans to use his old parts to build a running, working 350 we can use if the 383 keeps being troublesome).  Now I just need lers and a cat-back system and I'll be good to go :D .

Reply #157
$50.00 is a good deal.If you don't have smog checks,hollow the cats out.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #158
I'm dissappointed in you, vinnie.  Through the last few pages, I've been talking about having trouble finding H-pipes WITH cats because we do have emmissions here.  I've had to turn down a few deals because of hollowed cats, in fact.  If I didnt need cats, I wouldve just bought a cheap offroad pipe from summit.  :hick:  Dont dissappoint me next time hahaha

Reply #159
2013 will be a good year for you. youll be able to register it as Historical (usually its 25 years some states you only need it to be 20 years old but not many) then youre expempt from any real in-depth inspection. :D
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #160
That will be awesome :) .  But for now, I'm getting that H-pipe for $50, then I gotta piece together the cat-back system.

Reply #161
im shooting to have my brother bring home those flows when he goes down next week so, maybe by the end of this month ill be able to get them out then youll have to worry about the pipes and thats it.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #162
That would be awesome!  The lers and cats are what always kill the price of exhaust systems, but if this all works out, I should be able to get a nice, affordable system.

Reply #163
you get affordable lers, i get at least some more money towards either a cheaper car (BLAH) or project kiss it. So we both win!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #164
Well guys, yesterday my dad and I took a road trip to Georgia.  He picked up a 350 Chevy block so we can build a backup engine so we can still drive the Chevelle until the 383 is running, and during future projects.  I got my H-pipe off of an 87 Mustang GT, and I should be getting some extension pipes this week, which just leaves me with the lers and tail pipes.  Woo!