Skip to main content
Topic: HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9) (Read 11754 times) previous topic - next topic

HO conversion COMPLETE (tons'a pics pg 7,9)

Reply #120
I have the Warlock lers with built in cut-outs.Pretty cool lers.Not too loud,have a great tone at speed,and you can easily open them up at the track.Nice.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #121
I would also like to add one more detail before this thread fades off into nothingness - the 5-speed HO computer has worked flawlessly; it is a ton more decisive than the old computer.  You hit the gas, she responds instantly.  No more "Whoa what?  Throttle?  Hang on just a sec..."  Also, the annoying shuttering problem at light throttle at low rpms is gone, which I'm guessing has something to do with the new computer in it.  I'm sure someone else could shed some more light on this, but I think it's something you guys would like to know.

On my way to school every morning, there's a slight hill at a part of the route I take to get to the highway, and EVERY morning (it never failed), I'd be cruisin at 45-50mph in overdrive, and if I'd get on the gas slightly to keep my speed, the car would start shuttering until I got on the gas a bit harder so she could downshift and go.  It would happen at other places too, but that was the most consistant.  So far, she hasnt done it AT ALL to me.

Reply #122
Looks like fun(hahaha)...I'd like to do this with my Grand Marquis sometime!

Reply #123
No problems with the fuel pump? I would guess with the HO the pump would be maxed out.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #124
Nope, no pump problems.  I do want a new one soon though, just to be safe.

In another bit of news, I just calculated my gas mileage:  22mpg!!  I went 310 miles on 14 gallons of gas...and lets just say that the car hasnt been driven light footed either.  Thats as good if not better mileage than the SO.  Awesome stuff!

Reply #125
Geez, the Focus only gets around 24mpg.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #126
So wait your using a 5 speed HO computer with a AOD trans? I don't quite understand your last post king.

Reply #127
I called up my dad, and he was extremely surprised as well.  I'm pretty shocked myself.  The exact numbers are:

309.6 miles
14.066 gallons

22.01 mpg

And just think what it would be if my dad and I werent led foots :hick:

@Manic:  Yes, I'm using the 5-speed computer instead of the AOD version.  It is said to be a tad more aggressive and it IS compatible with AOD cars, as my car proves (and has been already discovered for a long time).  I plan to put a T5 in this car down the road, so it also saves me the trouble of getting a new computer.  And it responds really well under any driving conditions.

Reply #128
I just thought it was a bit weird, but i guess it would work since the trans isn't computer controlled. Pretty cool info. :) I hope it all works out and enjoy the new beast.

-Mike

Reply #129
Thanks.  I sure am enjoyin it; my friend and I just spent the early afternoon cruisin around.  He loves the feel and sound of the 5.0.  Cant say I blame em :D .

Reply #130
as for your problem king, sounds like your kickdown cable might have been out of adjustment.

Reply #131
Well considering when my dad had fixed the TV cable a few months ago, the throttle response got A LOT better, that wouldn't surprise me.  Whatever the case may be, its fixed now!

btw, I had a Civic wanting to take a shot at me today, but then he turned into a parking lot.  I woulda smoked em :evilgrin: .  Even when he'd 'frog' the car, it would barely move.  I had the Tbird in 2nd and she was just jumpin, ready to go, hahaha.

Reply #132
I know how that feels.......really good.My Bird has surprised more than her share of wannabe's.Our 'Birds and cats are very unsuspecting cars.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #133
Quote from: vinnietbird;133542
I know how that feels.......really good.My Bird has surprised more than her share of wannabe's.Our 'Birds and cats are very unsuspecting cars.

HeeHeeHeee  :flame:

Mr. Bill

Reply #134
If I could find the time to get my tailpipes on,it would quiet the car down a lot,and no-one would be the wiser as to what's under the hood..........Not that it would mater right now since my tranny is toast.....for a few more hours anyway.