Skip to main content
Topic: my dumb question..... (Read 2002 times) previous topic - next topic

my dumb question.....

do you have to absolutley have the MAF sencor? or can you get away with just the computerfrom a 89 mustang and 24# injectors?
or out of a 89 lsc?  :dunno:  :brick:

Re: my dumb question.....

Reply #1
if youd like your car to run properly, its needed
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
ok a close junkyard within 30 mi would be nice.... ;) thanks Shawn

Reply #3
fyi....all LSCs were speed density
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #4
Quote from: shame302
fyi....all LSCs were speed density

why yes BUT!!! all LSC's came with 19LB injectors.. not 24LB injectors ;)

all HO ECMs non mass air and mass air came with a 19LB calibration.. except 1993 corba's which is calibrated for 24LB's the ECM stamp is X3Z

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #5
that too...and the SOs had 14# i belive.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #6
You CAN use bigger injectors on a speed density system.  You DO have to know what you are doing and you DO need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.  Go to http://www.50tech.com.  Some of those guys are running Speed density with aftermarket cams, stock HO computers and 30 pound injectors.  I would assume that with a decent cam grind you could even run a SO computer with 19's.  I wouldn't do it on a stock cam.  Unless you like raw gas comin out yer tailpipes :grinno:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #7
If I win my parts on E-Bay,I'll have an H.O. LSC computer for sale.............cheap.I also have a set of 19# injectors in need of o-rings and caps..............cheap.Like $30 for everything.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..