Skip to main content
Topic: Look what I get to work on (Read 5535 times) previous topic - next topic

Look what I get to work on

Well, my brother is going to be laid up for a good 6 months to a year... so he left me to do the body work on this beast.

:punchballs: 

As you see, Ive already started working on it...

Reply #1
WHen i saw that roof line i knew what it was. my cousin had one but she ran it into the ground and it was a straight 6. i like the older Novas better but it should look great when its done.

What happend to you Bro?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #2
in his younger days...he got his leg ran over by an aspen.. and he still has weak legs.. and chunks of bone floating around.. so they are drilling a hole in his bone so it bleeds out and makes cartalige.

yeah.. its a 77 Nova.. with a dogg ass 350 thats  near ready to bloooow...

Reply #3
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;125295
in his younger days...he got his leg ran over by an aspen.. and he still has weak legs.. and chunks of bone floating around.. so they are drilling a hole in his bone so it bleeds out and makes cartalige.

yeah.. its a 77 Nova.. with a dogg ass 350 thats  near ready to bloooow...

Yeah good thing hes getting that checked out!:headbang: soldier
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #4
hell yeah.. I get to do the body work.. and just about anything else that needs done..

Reply #5
My uncle had a Nova that he bought new, don't know what year for sure. He sold it after he got married and started a family.

I would have loved one for a first car, but it would have to be a late 60's early 70's version.

Reply #6
Yeah, this car isnt the greatest... but meh.. its my brothers baby..

IM just the grunt at the moment.. Its getting a T/A wing.. new speakers.. and maybe some new black stang seats..

its gonna be black.. with blk/red interior.

Reply #7
I had a '77 Nova in highschool for 6 months or so. Got it for around $200 from the auto tech program. 250 I6 auto, used it instead of my camaro in the winter. We used to beat that thing so much, lol. The motor started running rough on the highway one day so I just held her to the floor 'til she blew. Left it sitting on the side of the road perpendicular to the curb with the front wheels in the grass, and called a friend to pick me up. I was trying to cut through a grassy area to miss a stop light and a bunch of traffic. The city sent me a letter a few weeks later wanting to know if I wanted to come down to the impound to claim my car or just mail them the title. haha

BTW those are some killer black Cragars
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

Reply #8
ah, so he like the nogos... i mean novas (nova=no go in spanish) my step dad has a cherry white 67 nova, the body is good, very little rust, facgtory everything, the motor is gone and the 350 has been sitting in the shed for 2 years now.  he has everything to do the job with but he just piddles with little shiznit and never gets anything done.  i suppose once i graduate from NTI im ganna get to build it up.  i dont think he'd like what i'd do to it.  he wants to build it like the one he had back in the laye 60's (think how ppl modded cars back then, barely, more cruiser than meat grinder) so i might just do the grunt work for gradatude for the help he's given me to go to school.  he's talked about selling it and blah blah, but he's talked that talk for 2 years now.  to me your bro's car body wise (from the pictures) looks pretty alright, i mean i seen cars newer than his, that make you wonder if its got a floorboard in the first place. make him proud, your bro deserves it.

Reply #9
My first car when i was 15 1/2 was a 66 Nova.. and I now have two 73 nova's
One 88

Reply #10
I've always liked the Novas too. I had a '78 Skylark hatchback for a parts car when I had my '78 T/A. I always liked the looks of that car (still have the owner's manual). It had 50k original miles, but had rusted out very badly because the old guy that owned it died and his widow let the car sit in a field for a few years. It was given to me in exchange for some mechanical work, and I used the front end parts and brakes to fix up my badly worn T/A, then sold the low mile 305 for $200.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #11
this is a nice car.. It has plenty of potential.. but my brother cant keep a motor in it.. he has a temper problem...and he takes it out on the cars.. the 350 in this thing has a brittle cam.. caved in lifters, egg shaped cylenders..

it runs like shiznit.. but atleast it'll look nice :D Im going to put all my effort into this beast.. make it nice. because its my nephews car after my brother passes... and I dont want to screw with that.

It needs some TLC that its finally getting... and its well deserved.. its gonna be jet black... with a few chrome accents.. IE the little trim rings around the maker lights and tail lights..

Plus Ive got some tricks up my sleeve :D

Reply #12
well, I did get SOMTHING DONE.

Spoiler anybody?

the sound system is getting rewired at the moment.. boy is that a slice of hell..

Reply #13
why can't anyone on here doing a big project live near me? id love to help someone out working on cars, since i can't get a job doing it yet good luck man
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #14
My dad bought a new 4-door Nova in 75.  It had a 262 V8 and fake dual exhaust.  The single tailpipe ran down the left side of the car, just before it got to the bumper it turned to the left and dumped out of the side.  From the bend going to the side it had another pipe that ran all the way over to the right side and dumped in a similar fashion.  On a cold day it looked like a regular dual exhaust, sounded like a dual exhaust.....until you got in the gas.