Skip to main content
Topic: Possibly selling my RED 1985 xr-7 (UNDER 10K MILES) (Read 1609 times) previous topic - next topic

Possibly selling my RED 1985 xr-7 (UNDER 10K MILES)

Located in Tucson Arizona

Hi folks how’s everyone doing? I really haven’t been on the boards much since cat jam. I’ve been swamped with work and college. So anyways if you don’t know me, my name Is Dennis, I’m 21, a full time college student and also working 30 hours a week. I love the 80’s cougars and that’s why I own an 86 and this 85 xr-7. I’ve been thinking about selling the xr-7 because of school coasts, the fact that I’ve had to pay storage on both cougars and I didn’t think i would be doing that when I bought the xr-7. I’m also looking to upgrade my daily driver and could use the extra cash for its sake. So here’s the deal, I’m not trying to unload the car unless I can get what I have invested in it back again. The black cougar has a lot more sentimental value and I know more people would want the xr-7 anyway, so that’s why I may part with it. Now about the xr-7. It currently has less than 10,000 original miles; I think it’s at about 9,950. It’s in great original condition. Other than the wheels and car battery it’s TOTALLY original. I do have the original 10 hole wheels and tires(also original, weather cracked pretty bad tho haha). The only flaws are 1.paint chipping away on the windshield moldings (very minor, would be an easy fix)2. about a half inch scratch on the right rear quarter panel that’s minor yet noticeable since the rest of the car is so nice, and 3. The passenger side mirror had the paint scuffed on the outer edge courtesy of the shipping company that delivered the car to me last year. They’re also responsible for the scratch on the quarter panel. It’s basically brand new other than that. Paint is excellent; motor runs great, everything is super clean. I’m the third owner. It’s been stored its entire life. I’ve only put about 300 miles on the cougar in the year I’ve had it. I’ve had several offers from co-workers and friends here in Tucson, but I wanted to post it here first. I’m asking $7,500 for the car the way it is or $6,500 for the car without the cobra r’s. Either way the original wheels would be included. I wouldn’t be making any money on the car, the wheels and tires were $1,200 so that’s why I would ask more if they went with it. I assume most of you probably wouldn’t care to have those and that’s understood. Again I’ve had several friends and even my boss try to buy the car but I’m not sure I want to sell and I defiantly wanted to let you all get first dibs.

Here is a link to some pictures http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319016

I’m sure I’m forgetting things so if you have any questions please let me know. I’ll respond as quickly as possible. Thanks- Dennis
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1
Oh my gosh! That is a beauty!!!!
I so wish I had the money for it....you have no idea!
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #2
Wow, that's the nicest Cat I've seen. That car looks new.... probably because it is with that few miles on it. Hope it goes to a good home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #3
That is a remarkable example of the breed.  I hope that you find an owner who will continue to preserve it.  Good luck.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

Reply #4
Dude, that is so nice. Gawd I wish I had the money.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #5
Beautiful car, Im trying to talk my brother into buying it.  He loves Cougars also.  That is the exact car he always wanted.
Mike

Reply #6
Hey Dennis....is this the one your dad was telling us about?  If not, did he find out anything about it?? (I think it was at an elderly neighbor's or something) He was telling Roger and I about it at dinner Saturday night at that restaurant we got such great service at. LOL

Reply #7
Hi! I'll never forget the great service we had at cat jam. Rodgers cold burger was amazing. My dad must have been telling you about this cougar. It was owned by a older man who suffered a stroke not long after he bought the car in 85. He really loved the car and took great care of it, but because of his stroke he didn't drive. The 2nd owner worked with this man, had know about it for years and finally convinced the owner to sell. He bought it from him only a few years ago. He then decided he didnt want it around his house because of his young children and like all of us needed the money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #8
Ahh, ok.
Man, I so wish we had the money for that Cat...it's beautiful and almost exactly like the 84 we had. 
I hope it goes to a good home.

Reply #9
Very interested here, and have the money but I live in MI and would need to ship it here.  Are you willing to work on price at all to help me cover cost to ship it here?  Let me know, thanks.

Reply #10
DEAR GOD THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!

ive wanted a 85-86 TC for a while but his makes me want to change my mind and go for an XR-7. Love the red, i'm a black kinda guy but it just looks amazing! Wish you didn't have to sell it. now the future is unknown

Museum Anyone?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #11
Dennis,

Your car looks absolutely awesome!
Would it be possible to get a clear, close up picture of the buck tag & the door jam sticker?

Thanks,
Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #12
Hi Brent, thanks for the comments. I've looked at yours online several times. very nice. I could probably get pictures but not untill next friday or saturday. Its stored at a friends place and hes out of town during the week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
Dennis,

Thanks. Anytime you have a chance to is fine.

Does any of the original paperwork come with the car such as the window sticker, or original bill of sale?

Thanks,
Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #14
So what did your boss offer you.I bet it was a far cry from 7500.
It does look pretty.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +