Skip to main content
Topic: Who else is getting screwed by mother nature? (Read 3133 times) previous topic - next topic

Who else is getting screwed by mother nature?

It was 65* in Chicago on Wednesday. Tonight through Friday we're going to get 6-10" of snow. WTF? Right now it's freezing rain and sleeting with some snow mixed in. Snow is suppsed to come in late tonight and get real bad between 6a.m. and noon. Good thing I don't have class tomorrow. Anyone else in the Midwest getting screwed by this?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1
yup...snowing like a bitch right now...we're supposed to get from 6-10" tonight, and the wind is blowing like a motherfugger...
glad the Bird is down for the count...and double- glad i got a 4x4 for tomorrow!
In north central Missouri, btw..
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2
Hey so someone else in the Midwest is getting screwed too. That makes me feel better lol. Was it warm the last few days too? It's winter days like these that make me glad I put my T-bird away Nov 1. for the winter :grinno:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
We got a lot of heavy sleet,then snow and colder temps.It's supposed to be 18 degres tonight,which for Oklahoma,is pretty cold.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
last time i looked about half hour ago..it was 14..bet it gets below 10 degree before daylight
 cold for here..can't say as I like it much...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #5
Sucks here in SW Mo also. Got about an inch of sleet. Then it started to snow. Brought the bird home at lunch and took the jeep back.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #6
Last 4 days was sub 30 degree weather, warmed up to 20 yesterday and today, got another foot of fresh snow. supposed to get in to the teens with another foot over the weekend.

I really need a sled.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #7
burrrrrrrr
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #8
Totally screwed. It's 6* and climing. (42f)

Reply #9
Been raining here for like 2-3 days, i hate rain.

Reply #10
Yay!  The sun is shining and the wind isn't blowing too bad.  But I'm just next in line I guess.  So far I'm further East than any of you.
One 88

Reply #11
We had an assload of rain the past couple days, and now the wind is ripping around outside and it's getting colder.  A couple flakes, but nothing major here. Supposed to be sunny and 40* F tomorrow.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #12
It is susposed to start snowing today:pbb: :pbb: my new cougar should be fun in the snow , bah traction is for cooches.

Reply #13
threads alittle bit old, but I got the same storm rolling through my area a day or two ago. I was working about an hour drive away and it got to a wind chill of 6 degree's below zero and it took me 4 hours to get home. That was a fun night. I hate working all night:(
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #14
Quote from: Haystack;116763
it got to a wind chill of 6 degree's below zero and it took me 4 hours to get home.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, we just had windchills south of 40 here, thats about the same to you sae guys. It warmed UP to 25C and we thought it was spring!

Dug out the Zephyr today, it was inside for the first 3 snowfalls too!

1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC