Skip to main content
Topic: Who else is getting screwed by mother nature? (Read 3134 times) previous topic - next topic

Who else is getting screwed by mother nature?

Reply #15
I also did the ambulance

The station wagon

And the fast back

Yes I had better things to do, just didnt want to do them... ended up sweeping the chimney in the dark :p
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #16
I havn't seen that much snow in southern Ohio for atleast 7 years....
One 88

Reply #17
Took me 3 hours to get out Friady. Then I went and got food for the weekend and the only hting open was the gas station. I got back and decide to park the Bird in the hospital parking deck and got a ride back the whole 2 blocks from the neighbor that was headed that direction to pick up his girlfriend.

Reply #18
It wasn't so bad after all. We got 3.5" of snow and .5 inch of slushy ice. Everything was fine by 2 p.m Friday. Now it's just farkin cold. It was 18* today. For you people in Canada that's spring time weather I know ;)  but for us in Chicago that's cold fo this time of year. It's usually about 25-30* not 18*.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #19
You got lucky we had 12in of snow in 12 hours. The plowes and cops were getting stuck. The plow just went down the street for th efirst time since the snow fell. The roads feel like I'm driving on gravel roads because of how much  is still on the ground.

The roof on a old persons home collapsed and we had a walmart the had their roof fall in.

So here is me giving IDOT a round of applause for their tacular job of keeping the city open. :beatyoass:

Yes the entire city was closed for at least 2 days because they called the plows off at 11am friday and told them not to come back till 9pm that night.

The city had finaly had enough of it and call in anyone that had any kind of tractor that could move snow. We had a Cat 996 go down our ally and clear it for us. Today it took me 40 minutes to go 12miles to work because the roads still arn't clear.

Reply #20
Quote from: CougarSE;116431
Yay!  The sun is shining and the wind isn't blowing too bad.  But I'm just next in line I guess.  So far I'm further East than any of you.

I doubt you're as far East as I am, unless you live on a boat. :p

We finally got snow yesterday. As in, there were a few white things strewn accross our green lawn when we got up.

This is the first winter I've had that wasn't a white-out in seven years, so I'm bragging this time round.

Reply #21
Nothing new for this part of the country, but the temp is currently at 6 with the windchill bringing it to -6. I think yesterday they said the windchill was -60. Don't quote me on that though.

I so love winter... though I wish I knew people that had a heated garage so I could work on my truck.
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #22
Quote from: slamedcat;116903
You got lucky we had 12in of snow in 12 hours. The plowes and cops were getting stuck. The plow just went down the street for th efirst time since the snow fell. The roads feel like I'm driving on gravel roads because of how much  is still on the ground.

The roof on a old persons home collapsed and we had a walmart the had their roof fall in.

So here is me giving IDOT a round of applause for their tacular job of keeping the city open. :beatyoass:

Yes the entire city was closed for at least 2 days because they called the plows off at 11am friday and told them not to come back till 9pm that night.

The city had finaly had enough of it and call in anyone that had any kind of tractor that could move snow. We had a Cat 996 go down our ally and clear it for us. Today it took me 40 minutes to go 12miles to work because the roads still arn't clear.

The noth and northwest suburbs got 10" of snow so being by the southwest suburbs we only got about 4" which wasn't so bad. I hear ya on IDOT. The only good thing is that they only clear the expressways here. The Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) takes care of the city and they do a pretty good job. I had a plow go down my block at about 2 p.m. the same day it snowed.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #23
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;116423
burrrrrrrr

still cold :beatyoass:  were that mother nature at :beatyoass:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #24
-39* this morning.  I gotta get me a heated garage too.

Reply #25
Got 8" of snow last night/this morning, it started dry, got wet then froze, One stretch of road that I take leaving work was all compacted with 5" deep potholes where there wasnt washboard. Three major wrecks on 5th ave which is a busy route. Went over to a friends house to check out this truck he gave me and there hasnt been a plow down their road in three days. I had to push two cars out of my way just to get out of their driveway.

Luckily the highways are nice, all compacted smooth with the odd clear spot.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #26
Ok, I stuck my foot in my mouth there. We just got over 20cm in about 3-4 hours. We actually lost power last night for about an hour and a half.

Reply #27
It snowed yesterday, very light acspoogeilation.  Then it went away by 4:30..  Today.. no snow, no sun, and its around 25*F out.  Just another Ohio Grey winter day...
One 88

Reply #28
no pwer from 10:30 thursday till sunday night. sucked ass but alot of my friend still dont have power. and it was wonderf to drive in
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #29
First pic was 30 minutes before the second, now an hour later its not as heavy outside but it is very cold outside!  Last night I was working in the garage with the door open and no gloves and was perfectly comfortable.
One 88