Skip to main content
Topic: Junkyard dog…uhhh cat (Read 10185 times) previous topic - next topic

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #15
Man,there's been an excessive amount of cool parts being found lately !!! This could become a neat monthly contest "who found the coolest stuff".LOL.Keep up the hunting everyone.

Be veeeeeeeeeery,veeeeeeeeeery quiet....I'm hunting CougarBird parts........................
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #16
Quote from: rodsterh;115866
So 84's didn't have the rear lights? If someone really wants it I'd consider forcing myself to go back again! :)

None that I've seen.
One 88

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #17
Quote from: vinnietbird;115895
  This could become a neat monthly contest "..

-i looooovvvveeee going to the j/y.  and now that its getting colder so i wont run into mr. no shoulders,  i'm looking for a sat. to go!!!!:banana:  we (i) have one good yard about 10 mins. from the house that is great about cleaning up peoples yards and stuff.  if you find anything newer than 94-95, its amazing.  i found a complete xr4ti there one time. no one knew what it was...lol...
regardless, i cant wait!!!
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #18
OH! I need one of the LS badges off of the fender on that car!
One 88

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #19
Quote from: CougarSE;115922
OH! I need one of the LS badges off of the fender on that car!

I was going to grab them but forgot...I'm not sure there was even a badge on the PS, the car was parked real close to another car. If I get back there I'll definitely get them for you. Are you interested in any of the other stuff I found or anything else on the car besides the emblem?
tbirdregistry.com

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #20
Actualy I would strip that car head to toe.. but no the badge is all I need.....

Hard to find parts on that car are.
basically anything 83!  They were totaly different!

Now the seat harness and seat tracks would be nice.. but I'm pointing my wallet at the 88 TC and it already has dual power seats.
One 88

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #21
Quote from: CougarSE;116030
Actualy I would strip that car head to toe.. but no the badge is all I need.....

Hard to find parts on that car are.
basically anything 83!  They were totaly different!

Now the seat harness and seat tracks would be nice.. but I'm pointing my wallet at the 88 TC and it already has dual power seats.

Yea, I hear ya... knowing how hard it is to find '83 stuff, I would have liked to grab the whole car. It's ashamed it ended up in a JY and not for sale somewhere for a couple hundred bucks. The DS rear quarter was probably about the worse thing on the car when it arrived. If you think of anything else in the meantime let me know.

Rod
tbirdregistry.com

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #22
Would you part with the tan end cover clips for the door strap in your first pic?

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #23
Quote from: Jonathan Phillips;116067
Would you part with the tan end cover clips for the door strap in your first pic?

Sure...PM me. I don't want this thread to become a classified ad.

I have the parts cleaned up and organized so if anyone is interested in any of the Cougar items I’ll be posting an ad over in the classified section later tonight. No sense packing the stuff up if someone can use and enjoy it.
tbirdregistry.com

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #24
Quote from: CougarSE;115865
Buy that console... that was the only year to have the rear lights...  and grab the tray so that the piece that someone broke when they removed the tray can be reatached.

Someone here will want that console.

CougarSE,

Where are the lights that you are talking about at on the console?

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #25
those lights he is referring to are on the left and right side of the console near the back.  they illuminate where your feet would be

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #26
You home from work today Jim?  I am too because of a power outage.  My phone is at work, i'm going to be getting that later today..
One 88

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #27
Back in tha day...when I had my '84...I popped those lights out of a console at the boneyard, drilled the holes in mine, glued the lights in and wired them up to that switch. Looked almost factory. This was, oh, maybe 1989-ish. I had a feeling even back then that they were 1983-only but never really confirmed it through literature. They are kinda cool. But it's difficult to read anything by them, which is probably why the reading lights went to the sail panels after that. ;)

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #28
Cool, I never knew that they were there on '83's, I pulled out my brochures but there wasn't a picture at the right angle to show anything.
Just so I understand this fully, there are no sail panel lights on '83's and these are the lights that come on with the rear console switch?

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Junkyard dog…uhhh cat

Reply #29
Just so I understand this fully, there are no sail panel lights on '83's and these are the lights that come on with the rear console switch?

Heh...here's where things get interesting...

AFAIK, for 1983 only the Heritage Edition model had the electroluminescent coach lamps for the T-Bird, and only the LS (and optioned GS) Cougar models. Now according to everything I've ever seen about them, the EL coach lamps required the interior reading lamps on the sail panels because they both shared the same wiring harness. And this is true...I have confirmed this many times in boneyard cars. So...I think it's possible that a 1983 car could have reading lamps in the sail panels IF they also have the coach lamps. No coach lamps, then the console lights were probably the option. In other words, the LAMP button on the back of the console could work EITHER the console "puddle" lamps, or the reading lamps in the sail panels. I don't think you will find a car that has both sets of lamps. And if you do, the sail panel lamps have to be wired in with the dome lamp. IIRC that is indeed what happened. Again, this is 1983 only. For 1984-86 those console lamps went away, and the reading lamps worked off that switch, so things were more "normal". It seems that 1983 cars like to throw a monkey wrench into that which we've always believed to be correct. ;)