Skip to main content
Topic: what do you think? (now on the frame everybody) (Read 2158 times) previous topic - next topic

what do you think? (now on the frame everybody)

Allright, heres the scenario.

I put my 66 Chevelle on ebay a couple months ago. and I got a guy thats very interested in it.
It has a sandblasted frame
Rust free doors,fenders, hood, trunklid, full interior not the best shape but its all there, no motor and comes with a 4-speed.

it has 2 extra 10-bolt GM axels, an extra set of rallye rims, new rear window, shiznitloads of extra trim peices, complete nose.... only down fall is the floor is rusty and the RR quarter is wrinkled..

the guy put an offer of 1500 on the table... granted thats a far cry from what im asking.. then he hinted that he had 2 chevy 1500's a longbed that runs and has a title... but has a tweaked bed.. and a shortbed with no title... the longbed runs... and i want to convert all the  from the longbed over to the shortbed frame that he wants to trade...

he thinks hes getting jipped... as the title says... what do you think?

Reply #1
dont do it. youll regret it later and if you dont need or want the trucks then why trade? i say wait it out if you dont need the money right now and you could do something later with the car or get more in spring time.

like i said dont do it you will regret it when you have to pore money into the truck.

and if anyone is getting jipped its you.

wait what year are the trucks?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #2
i want the trucks... they are both 86's the one longbed is near mint and driven by a grandpa..

but he's trying to back out of the trade and just slip me 1500... i may be young but im not stupid... you cant find a car like mine for under 3k here almost the entire car is there and ready to bolt together.. just needs a new floor and wiring harness

Reply #3
I wouldn't do it.  Those trucks aren't worth THAT much.  I would hold out.  If he really wants your car, he will offer more.  Just my 2cents

Reply #4
Hold onto it.

Reply #5
I wouldnt, if the trucks were 20 years older it may be worth it but theres millions of mid eighties chevy trucks out there, I dunno about your area but an 86 with a wrecked bed would go for about $800-$1000 canadian if the interior/drivetrain were perfect. About $1000-$1500 if it were a 4X4, The short box with no papers $200-$300.

If you have a place to keep it keep the chevelle, the price on those things is not going down by any means.

In the end its your decision, this is just my view on the situation.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #6
If you are going to get rid of the Chevelle don't take a trade. Get money for it and use the money to fix up your T-bird. That's the only way I would let the Chevelle go.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
well im gonna get some cash, and a winter car...err 4x4 truck

if he reeeeally wants the chevelle

Reply #8
I wouldn't take less than $3,000 but try ro get $4,000 for it. For some reason people are willing to pay a mint for old muscle cars that don't even run :rolleyes:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
DONT DO IT... way to cheap car should bring the north side of 4k as is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #10
lemme show ya what we are dealing with guys.

Reply #11
ive seen worse bring more..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
no shiznit? hook me up with a buyer!

the dude thats interested said 1,500 was a stretch!

Reply #13
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;113866
no shiznit? hook me up with a buyer!

the dude thats interested said 1,500 was a stretch!

Put it on ebay with a decent reserve with some real good pictures. Shouldnt have no problem getting more the 1500
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #14
Find a good chevelle forum and post it up there, they'd have a good idea of its worth, I'd get some friends and beer one weekend and make it a roller, then see what the offers go up to.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC